The Minneapolis College of Art and Design seeks a dynamic, innovative leader with a unique blend of academic and business expertise to develop the curricular core and enhance the existing strengths of the Entrepreneurial Studies program within an art and design context. With a teamwork approach to client-based projects, Entrepreneurial Studies students address national and global issues while developing professional skills. The program emphasizes the education of art and design students to transform the world through creativity and purpose. In addition to leading and shaping the program, the Chair will initiate and manage local, national, and global partnerships and work across the college to coordinate cross-disciplinary projects. The Chair will provide creative vision and proactive leadership in teaching, program innovation, and public service/outreach.
Candidates must have an MFA, MBA or PhD in a related discipline, or other advanced professional degree, demonstrated administrative and teaching experience (minimum three years), and a national record of achievement as an artist/designer and/or scholar/creative entrepreneur.
- Develop departmental strategic plan
- Evaluate and develop curriculum in conjunction with faculty
- Oversee curricular change through accreditation
- Monitor student-learning outcomes
- Manage department budget
- Call and preside over department meetings
- Represent the department on committees and in the larger community
- Seek opportunities for student experiences in the wider community
- Develop and implement multi-disciplinary projects
- Assist in recruiting and developing faculty
- Evaluate area faculty
- Prepare course schedules
- Teach one course / semester
- Coordinate student internships
- Advise students
The successful candidate will possess:
- An enthusiasm for building a strong program grounded in experiential and active learning
- A proven track record establishing working relationships with peers, administrators, employees and business communities
- The ability to motivate faculty, students, and staff around shared goals
- Effective change-management skills
- Experience with entrepreneurship and/or business development and public outreach.
Applicants should send a letter of application that explains qualifications for the position, including a discussion of leadership / entrepreneurial vision as well as current research and / or creative activity; may include UL fro professional website. In addition, submit a teaching philosophy, current curriculum vitae, and salary history. Include information for three professional reference names, institutional affiliations, e-mail addresses, and phone numbers.
Deadline: Priority will be given to those who respond before January 31, 2013.
Please organize the documentation within a single PDF file and email to: