North Arkansas College is a public comprehensive two-year community college located in Harrison, a city of 34,000 in northern Arkansas. Northark offers transfer, general education, career technical, and allied health programs. Northark offers three campuses in Harrison and one center in Berryville, AR. and serves 2,307 students (1,703 full-time).
North Arkansas College in Harrison, Arkansas, seeks a Dean of Outreach and Workforce Education. The Dean of Outreach will direct, plan, manage, develop, and evaluate the College’s outreach education including concurrent credit, distance learning, Adult Education, the Northark [Secondary]Technical Center, and workforce programs and curricula for the College’s six-county service area in support of the College’s vision and mission under direction of the Executive Vice President of Learning.
The position will begin March 1, 2013.
The duties and responsibilities of the Dean of Outreach will include:
• Working closely with the Executive Vice President of Learning and the Vice President of Student Services to meet specific needs of outreach and workforce education courses and programs for recruitment, advisement, admissions, financial aid, and registration.
• Working closely with the other deans to hire, train, evaluate, and supervise faculty.
• Assessing the professional, cultural, and academic needs of the community by working with advisory groups, community agencies, businesses, industry, secondary school superintendents, professional organizations, individuals, and the other deans to respond with innovative and cutting edge programs.
• Directing complete implementation of programing including registration, scheduling of facilities and equipment, and the submission of all required reports and evaluations.
• Preparing and managing the budget and the annual program plan using a cost-recovery model.
• Ensuring the College’s programs are in keeping with service area and community needs and changing workforce demand.
• Ensuring and monitoring regular program reviews.
• Pursuing external funding and resource development opportunities and sources.
• Serving as the main contact for various off campus locations, distance education delivery, and workforce initiatives for the service area.
• Ensuring active and engaged advisory board(s) for outreach and workforce education.
• Developing effective relationships with service area school districts, service area communities, and local business and industry representatives to identify needed courses and programs.
Minimum qualifications for the position include:
Education: Master's degree in educational administration, continuing education, adult education, or technical education preferred.
Experience: Three (3) years administrative experience or equivalent experience in program development and oversight of distance and outreach education, workforce training, adult education, or related college programs.
• Commitment to student learning
• Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
• Experience with budget management and oversight
• Experience with employee supervision and evaluation
• Demonstrated commitment to technology and innovation
• Understanding of assessment of student learning
Log onto our website, www.northark.edu  to fill out and submit an application.
Or send a letter of application, resume, transcripts and completed Northark Application Form to:
Human Resources, North Arkansas College
[ or email to: email@example.com  ]
(Mailing Address) (Office Location)
1515 Pioneer Drive 303 N. Main Street, Suite 407
Harrison, AR 72601 Harrison, AR 72601 870-391-3353
*Unofficial transcripts can be submitted for the initial application process; however official transcripts are required before employment can be offered.
**Northark will not accept incomplete applications. Please fill out the application completely, even though the resume may include the same information.
The position will remain open until filled, but only applications received by January 27, 2013 will be assured first round consideration.