Broward College is a nationally ranked institution of higher education in Broward County, Florida, providing residents and non-residents with access to high-quality, affordable education. The College offers several degree options, including certificate programs, two-year university-transfer degrees, two-year career degrees, baccalaureate degrees in selected programs and continuing education courses.
The first and largest non-profit institution of higher education in Broward County, our campuses and centers serve more than 66,000 students annually. Our diverse student body represents 150 countries of origin and we are proud to consistently be one of the country’s top producers of associate degrees to minorities.
As an equal access and employment opportunity institution we are committed to a tradition of increasing and retaining an intellectually, culturally, and ethnically diverse student body and workforce in an effort to increase the success of our students, faculty, and staff while strengthening our local and global communities.
The Academic Dean of the Central Campus provides leadership and vision for all academic programs and services. The Dean serves as a senior campus officer reporting directly to the Campus President and as a member of the President's Cabinet. This individual works directly with all Associate Deans at the Campus providing leadership and direction for up-to-date program offerings, meeting the multiple needs of our students and the community by initiating new innovative programming and schedules.
The Academic Dean is responsible for budgetary needs and fiscal compliance of all academic programs, academic integrity, and compliance with the faculty contract, appropriate credentials of faculty and integral assistance with achieving student success.
The Academic Dean will provide input and guidance for relevant professional development needs, of associate deans, faculty and staff in order to strengthen the college's strategic planning, outcomes-based assessment, program evaluation, student success initiatives and customer service. Participates in grant writing initiatives for federal, state and local funding sources and also provides leadership in recruiting, developing and evaluating administrators, faculty and staff within the area of responsibility. Resolves student academic issues, serves on campus and college-wide committees and performs other duties as assigned.
First review of applications will be conducted: January 03, 2013.
Minimum Education: Master's Degree required. Doctorate - Ph.D. or Ed.D.- preferred.
Minimum Experience/Training: Requires seven to ten years of progressive administrative managerial experience. Three years of experience in supervision of an academic department and higher education teaching experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Models inclusive excellence through specific actions that support the College's diversity goals in the recruitment, hiring, and retention of talented and diverse faculty and staff
• Recruits,trains and retains superior quality administrators and staff
• Provides leadership, supervision, professional development opportunities, and evaluation of the associate deans, directors, managers, and staff
• Oversees multiple academic or business affairs or student affairs departments, units or centers
• Develops and administers several large departmental budget(s) and State/Federal grants
• Works directly with contractual provisions, interpreting contract language and working with faculty to ensure contract provisions are met
• Has full responsibility to oversight of multiple academic discipline/or units
• Responsible for the protection and safe-keeping of confidential data aquired during the course of work
Close date: Open Until Filled
How to Apply for Broward College Positions:
Apply on-line through https://jobs.broward.edu .
A complete online employment application form is required with the following requested documents.
• Cover Letter
• Upon selection, official transcripts will be required.
• Employment is contingent upon successfully passing the required background checks.
• All positions are contingent upon budget approval by the Board of Trustees.
Call (800) 682-3646 or (954) 201-7338 for more information
Broward College is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from underrepresented groups, including minorities, women, and person with disabilities.