Tyler Junior College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097: Telephone number 404-679-4501) and is recognized as one of the leading two-year institutions in America.
One of the oldest junior colleges in Texas, the College was established in 1926 with a mission of providing the finest academic education for freshmen and sophomore students. Tyler Junior College remains committed to that goal while also recognizing the changing role of community colleges and the need to provide quality training for technical fields.
Tyler, population about 83,000, is the seat of Smith County and is located approximately 100 miles east of Dallas. The College District serves a population of approximately 174,000 and includes 830 square miles of territory in six public school districts located in two counties.
Tyler Junior College is a public comprehensive community college with an outstanding record of academic quality offering 45 associate degree options and 35 certificate options. The College serves approximately 8,000 students enrolling for credit in academic and vocational programs and 15,000 students in its continuing education program.
Along with its superb academic programs, Tyler Junior College boasts a 75-acre, tree lined campus, a vibrant student life, eight residence halls, nationally ranked men’s and women’s intercollegiate athletic programs, and a broad array of student organizations. For the business community, TJC’s Regional Training and Development Complex provides specialized training according to the needs of business, industry and governmental agencies.
This is a temporary full-time, twelve-month professional staff position responsible to the graphics project manager for the following:
1. Providing graphic design layout for printed and electronic college publications, including fliers, posters, brochures, billboards, advertisements, invitation packages, programs, tickets, handbooks, magazines, catalogs, e-pubs and policy/position pieces utilizing Adobe Creative Suite Design Premium as assigned.
2. Providing excellent customer service with good communication skills as well as working effectively as part of the creative services team.
3. Assuring that the College maintains a quality and consistent brand message in all publications distributed both on and off campus as well as the College website.
4. Meeting deadlines communicated by the graphic projects manager through project management.
5. Assisting other graphic designers, internal and external, in the production or supervision of printed or electronic communication pieces.
6. Assuring that the College maintains quality and a consistent brand message in all publications distributed both on and off campus and on the College website.
7. Assisting with the creation of marketing and informational projects to support the marketing initiatives of the College.
8. Assuring cost-efficient and timely production of key marketing pieces.
9. Actively seeking professional development and training to maintain industry standard knowledge and skills.
10. Helping supervise student assistants employed in Creative Services.
11. Performing other duties as assigned by the graphics project manager.
1. Associate degree in graphic arts or related field required.
2. Three to five years experience in a comparable position preferred.
3. Experience on both Macintosh and personal computer platforms preferred.
4. Excellent oral and written communication, human relations, organizational, interpersonal and administration skills required.
5. Must be able to be independent, respect confidentiality, problem solving, and maintain courtesy in dealing with students, faculty, staff and visitors.
6. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite Design Premium required.
SALARY RANGE: $24,684 to $29, 274
* This is a security sensitive position, and a background check will be completed prior to hiring.
OTHER BENEFITS: Exceptional employee benefit plan. Participation in Teacher Retirement System of Texas.
DATE OF NOTICE: December 14, 2012
Tyler Junior College gives equal consideration to all applicants for admission, employment and participation in its programs and activities without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status or limited English proficiency (LEP). Tyler Junior College respects the legal rights of each person to work and learn in an environment that is free from unlawful sexual discrimination including sexual harassment and sexual violence.