Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
This person will provide direct administrative support to the executive director of the Noel Academy. Other responsibilities include the coordination of budget and the management of all databases, websites, and communications from the Noel Academy.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Five to seven years of administrative experience preferred.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Provide administrative and management support for the executive director, assistant director of the Noel Strengths Academy.
- Financial Accounting
- Serves as the billing agent for the Academy clients across the country
- Creates, distributes and tracks contracts to clients.
- Tracks expenditures related to each Academy consultation and provides a detailed accounting to the Executive Director.
- Facilitates payment to Academy consultants through obtaining correct APU employment documentation and requesting appropriate payment.
- Assists with responses to departments and vendors.
- Coordinates sales of over 1000 strengthsfinder inventories annually
- Analyzes budget reports and resolves discrepancies.
- Apprises the executive director of budget standing on a regular basis.
- Schedules and coordinates facilities for program activities within the Noel Academy.
- Produces electronic marketing for program activities, national conferences, and symposiums offered by the Academy.
- Facilitates conferences and webinars, including handling of all registrations, logistics, and marketing.
- Coordinates and schedules meetings, manages the calendar, submits paperwork for reimbursements, and answers correspondence for the executive director as needed.
- Prepares correspondence, proposals, presentations, budgets, progress reports, and other documents as necessary, using Microsoft products.
- Answers the telephone, directing calls as appropriate. Processes incoming mail and e-mail for the Noel Academy.
- Coordinate all logistics for travel, conferences, and other meetings for the Noel Strengths Academy.
- Maintains and regularly updates the website for the Noel Strengths Academy.
- Processes surveys and maintains statistical information as needed. Transcribes qualitative research data as needed.
- Follows up on all inquiries for strengths-related information.
- Attends regular Academy staff meetings and maintains accurate meeting information.
- Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
- Performs other duties as required by the supervisor.
- Computer, word processing, and spreadsheet skills.
- Exceptional ability to communicate in both oral and written form with proper English usage.
- Website maintenance and statistical database management skills (SPSS) preferred.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal, collaborative, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure, exuding a mature demeanor while multi-tasking in a deadline oriented environment with accuracy and consistency.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team, as well as an independent contributor.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretionary skills in determining when to act independently and when to consult management prior to taking action.
- Self-starter with a positive attitude.
- In agreement with the purpose and goals of Azusa Pacific University in providing a Christian-based higher education for its students.
- Requires repetitive motions and sitting at computer keyboard.
- Hearing and speaking on the telephone.
- Able to conduct business at other offices on campus.
- Able to lift, bend, grasp, reach, lift up to 20 lbs. occasionally.
- Reading, writing notes, and computer monitor.
- Pleasant office, comfortable temperature.
- Proficient in Google Apps., Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
For Staff jobs please apply directly at
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.