Administrative Assistant II, Merrick School of Business
University of Baltimore
Vacancy Number: 300281 Regular non-exempt position with full benefits package
Open Date: 12/14/2012; Closing Date: 1/3/2013 Annual Salary: $30,305 to $39,000
The Administrative Assistant II will provide administrative and clerical assistance to departmental chairs, full-time and adjunct faculty within the academic departments that are housed on the fourth floor of the Business Center, and customer service to students and the public. This work requires knowledge of support needs of three separate departments: Accounting, Management Information Systems & Decision Sciences, and Finance & Economics. This position requires a great deal of discretion and trustworthiness as it involves dealing with students and faculty. Duties include:
Support department chairs with administrative functions including scheduling, coordination with publishers, event management, and issuing adjunct contracts:
• Draft correspondence
• Prepare spreadsheets
• Edit reports and ongoing correspondence
• Compile and summarize information for projects and pending activities
• Take messages
• Respond to inquiries and requests for assistance from the public, students, and faculty
• Represent department chairs by interacting with officials, staff, and public
• Ensure confidentiality of information and files
• Provide training for office support staff
• Prepare contracts, maintain files and provide support for adjunct professors
Provides clerical and administrative assistance to the faculty
• Makes procurement purchases
• Interacts with textbook sales representatives and orders sample/desk copies for faculty
• Follows-up with bookstore to make sure faculty textbook orders have been placed
• Orders and maintains inventory of office supplies and blank forms
• Arranges for and reserves rooms to house meetings and seminars
• Drafts and/or types correspondence
• Coordinates office maintenance and supply
• Distributes mail
• Maintains student and office files
• Hires/supervises work study students
• Archives documents electronically, including syllabi
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Requires a high school diploma or GED and at least 3 years of experience providing administrative support. Superior communication skills, both oral and written, are essential. First-rate computer skills are required, including advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: A bachelor’s degree and at least one year of work experience providing support to a key administrator.
TO APPLY: Include your Vacancy Number on all documents. Electronic submission is expected. Submit a single PDF or Word file with your cover letter, resume, and any additional information you would like to have considered. Visit http://www.ubalt.edu/hr  to review application instructions and then apply.
UB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA Compliant Employer & Title IX Institution.
Web: http://www.ubalt.edu/hr