Requisition Number: 19750BR
Department: ITS Academic IT Solutions
University Job Title: Technology Services Specialist, Instructional Technology
Posting Position Title: Academic Technologist
Bargaining Unit: None
Job Category: Managerial & Professional
Type of Employment: Full Time
Duration Type: Regular
Work Week: Standard - 37.5 hrs (M-F, 8:30-5:00)
Work Location: Central Campus
Worksite Address: 55 Whit
1. Acts as a project leader for Instructional Technology projects.
2. Provides consultation and makes recommendations for allocation of resources, product selection, and priorities.
3. Delivers technical expertise and provides recommendation in researching, evaluating and implementing new instructional technologies.
4. Provides high-level service for existing instructional technologies and projects, as well as high-end support for all instructional technology systems and other multimedia activities.
5. Manages operating systems, applications, web services, and content on the department's servers.
6. Maintains in depth knowledge of existing and emerging instructional technologies.
7. Develops and reports on metrics that measure usage, reliability and client satisfaction for all technology services provided.
8. Manages relationships with internal and external clients, outside vendors, consultants and peer institutions.
9. Maintains highest possible degree of service and responsiveness in complex, multi-vendor, multiplatform environment.
10. Consults with faculty to assess instructional technology needs. Develops and implements solutions to meet those needs.
11. Provides training on the usage of instructional technologies, and other software and hardware.
12. Manages assigned project tasks to ensure timely and high quality outcomes. Provides regular status reports on assigned projects.
13. Supervises temporary and student workers.
14. May perform others duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree and at least three years of experience of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Background Check Requirements: All external candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent on successful completion of a background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html  for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
Weekend Hours Required?: Occasional
Evening Hours Required?: Occasional
Drug Screen: No
Health Screening: No
Yale University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Yale values diversity in its faculty, staff, and students and strongly encourages applications from women and members of underrepresented minority groups.