Requisition Number: 19653BR
University Job Title: Assistant Administrator 4
Bargaining Unit: None
Job Category: Managerial & Professional
Type of Employment: Full Time
Duration Type: Regular
Work Week: Standard - 37.5 hrs (M-F, 8:30-5:00)
Work Location: Medical School Campus
Worksite Address: CMHC
1. Performs a variety of activities related to managing the daily operations of a unit including human resources planning, information technology, financial reporting, facility planning, research support, and compliance among other functions for a unit.
2. Administers the administrative and fiscal activities of the assigned unit; serves as liaison between the assigned unit and other University administrative offices.
3. Assigns administrative support to various functions of the unit; monitors activities of staff to ensure timely completion of assigned work.
4. Prepares and monitors budgets, financial forecasts, and financial analyses and the actual vs. budgeted performance.
5. Plans the use of facilities in the assigned department including office space, work stations, equipment, technology needs, inventory, and office supplies.
6. Plans and facilitates training sessions for the department when new policies or practices are adopted.
7. Ensures compliance with University and federal health and safety regulations as they apply to the unit.
8. Initiates, plans and develops administrative policies for the assigned unit.
9. Contributes to long-range administrative planning for the assigned unit.
10. Implements University and departmental policies as they pertain to the administrative function of the unit.
11. Supervises and leads staff.
12. May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
Minimum requirement of Bachelor's Degree in related field and three years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
Background Check Requirements: All external candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. Internal candidates may be subject to a motor vehicle or credit check for this position based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent on successful completion of the required background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html  for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
Weekend Hours Required?: No
Evening Hours Required?: No
Drug Screen: No
Health Screening: No
Yale University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Yale values diversity in its faculty, staff, and students and strongly encourages applications from women and members of underrepresented minority groups.