Requisition Number: 19409BR
University Job Title: Programmer Analyst 1
Posting Position Title: Programmer Analyst I
Bargaining Unit: None
Job Category: Managerial & Professional
Type of Employment: Full Time
Duration Type: Regular
Work Week: Standard - 37.5 hrs (M-F, 8:30-5:00)
Work Location: Medical School Campus
Worksite Address: 300 George St. 505
1. Contributes in the development of programs or systems of small to moderate size and complexity.
2. Provides informational input into decisions concerning the development and delivery of applications, programs, and systems. Clarifies requirements to meet the expectations of stakeholders and intended end users needs, scheduled timeline, and budgetary targets.
3. Contributes to the collaborative effort of the analysis and design of new systems and applications. Performs various coding, debugging and unit testing tasks in support of applications, programs, and systems.
4. Contributes to the project definition, and the gathering of the functional requirements.
5. Troubleshoots problems whether due to data or software and rapidly resolves
any problems that do occur. Provides ongoing maintenance
and support for applications and systems.
6. Prepares documentation and user manuals. Provides support for training of end users.
7. Applies and keeps current with existing and emerging technologies and methodologies. Provides ongoing input to the establishment of programming standards, procedures, and methodologies.
8. May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
One year programming experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Background Check Requirements: All external candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent on successful completion of a background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html  for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
Drug Screen: No
Health Screening: No
Yale University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Yale values diversity in its faculty, staff, and students and strongly encourages applications from women and members of underrepresented minority groups.