Requisition Number: 19281BR
Department: Int Med General Medicine
University Job Title: Research Associate 2 HSS
Posting Position Title: Research Associate 2 HSS
Bargaining Unit: None
Job Category: Managerial & Professional
Type of Employment: Full Time
Duration Type: Fixed
If Fixed Duration, Period: 10 months from date of hire
Other Fixed Duration Date: 31-Aug-2013
If Fixed Duration, is continuation possible?: Yes
Work Week: Standard - 37.5 hrs (M-F, 8:30-5:00)
Work Location: Medical School Campus
Worksite Address: ESH
1. Carries out research within the scope of the established study protocol. Adheres to all human subjects regulations as defined by Yale University and the federal government that pertain to research studies.
2. Develops criteria for admission of study subjects based on goals and objectives of project.
3. Determines potential sources of funding and prospective partnerships.
4. Evaluates feasibility of accepting potential projects through analysis of staffing needs, resource requirements, financial costs, and current planned capacity of group. Negotiates contracts and/or changes with funder.
5. Develops original HIC/IRB submissions. Based on knowledge of science and research goals, collaborates with PIs on major revisions and contributes to scientific protocols. Plans and implements changes.
6. Develops forms, questionnaires and the application of research techniques; writes procedures manuals for data collection and coding.
7. Responsible for the documentation and transmission of study data. Ensures that report forms are accurately documented and completed in a timely manner at each site location.
8. Works independently to develop manage and organize multi site studies. Serves as primary coordinator between University, non-Yale collaborators, pharmaceutical companies, HIC, IRB and funding sources.
9. Performs descriptive and multivariate statistical analyses of data, using computer software.
10. Designs and implements quality control measures to ensure accurate collection and processing of data.
11. Contributes in-depth, original thought and relevance to written reports and to the writing of abstracts and manuscripts.
Required Education and Experience:
Master's Degree in a related discipline.
Two years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Background Check Requirements: All external candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent on successful completion of a background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html  for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
Weekend Hours Required?: No
Evening Hours Required?: No
Drug Screen: No
Health Screening: No
Yale University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Yale values diversity in its faculty, staff, and students and strongly encourages applications from women and members of underrepresented minority groups.