Participates in the daily coordination of academic and administrative activities of a College's specialized academic program under management direction.
- Supports program development, student service delivery, outcome evaluation and instructor/student recruitment, enrollment, and retention.
- Recommends, implements and evaluates strategies to expand program offerings
- Prepares analytical and statistical reports for management
- Develops and maintains relationships with various College offices to improve student and faculty services
- Serves as resource expert regarding program policies and procedures
- Oversees office recordkeeping; manages updates of program web and print materials
- May supervise office operations and/or department budget
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Academic Program Specialist
Higher Education Assistant
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
The College of Staten Island (CSI) is one of 11 senior colleges of The City University of New York and the only public college on Staten Island. CSI offers over 80 undergraduate programs, 24 graduate and, through the CUNY Graduate Center, participates in 7 doctoral programs. The College enrolls approximately 14,000 students and employs nearly 2,000 faculty and staff. Located on a 204-acre park-like campus that is minutes away from the cultural treasures of Manhattan, the CSI campus is the largest collegiate site in NYC. Fourteen neo-Georgian style buildings house 300 classrooms, laboratories, instructional spaces, and study lounges, as well as department, faculty, and program offices. CSI boasts an advanced, networked infrastructure and is developing a high performance computational center that will support technology-based research, teaching, and learning throughout CUNY. The College is planning for enrollment growth and for the construction of new residential facilities during the coming five-year period.
The College's faculty, administration, and staff are committed to educational excellence as they instill in students an enduring love of learning and respect for pluralism and diversity. The College community recognizes its responsibility to strive for the common good, including an informed appreciation for the interdependence of all people, as well as providing students with the opportunities for successful future careers.
Reporting to the Department Chair, the Honors College Specialist will be responsible for the following:
- Works with other departments to administer various events across the college.
- Works with part-time staff to maintain the day-to-day operations of the Honors College.
- Maintains and revises the MHC@CSI  Budget.
- Maintains the social networking website and provides new content for such platforms.
- Coordinates the admissions process for MHC@CSI , including developing and distributing recruiting materials, recruiting of individual students, organizing admissions-related visits, interviewing applicants, assisting with admissions decisions, and maintaining current and historical admissions data.
- Coordinates student volunteer, community service, and service learning activities for MHC@CSI , such as student efforts toward admissions and recruitment, student attendance at College and University events, students working with local organizations, and peer tutoring programs.
- Collaborates with internal and external sources to assist students with internship and employment opportunities.
Bachelor's Degree and four years' relevant experience required.
- Experience with budget management
- Experience working with a diverse population
- Microsoft experience (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Experience working in a higher education setting, preferably in advising
Commensurate with experience.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please go to www.cuny.edu;  select "Employment," then "Job postings on line." Please attach your resume, cover letter, and names and addresses of three references.
January 11, 2013
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.