Provides support to a Campus or University Executive, organizing and supervising unit activities.
- Creates appointment and meeting schedules, arranges meetings, and prepares for a variety of special events. Maintains an ongoing calendar of reports, deadlines, and key dates and incorporates these into a schedule.
- Coordinates Executive communications, including those requiring a high degree of sensitivity. May respond to public inquiries as well as requests from within the Campus/University community.
- Organizes, creates, and distributes key, complex management reports with a high degree of accuracy.
- Organizes, manages, and tracks written and email correspondence, maintaining logs and records of follow-up activities.
- Procures required internal and external resources and services and manages their utilization.
- May supervise office staff, performing basic Human Resources functions such as recruiting and interviewing.
- May perform related duties as assigned; may participate in special projects and efforts to improve unit effectiveness.
Job Title Name: Administrative Executive Assistant
Higher Education Assistant
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
The College of Staten Island (CSI) is one of 11 senior colleges of The City University of New York and the only public college on Staten Island. CSI offers over 80 undergraduate programs, 24 graduate and, through the CUNY Graduate Center, participates in 7 doctoral programs. The College enrolls approximately 14,000 students and employs nearly 2,000 faculty and staff. Located on a 204-acre park-like campus that is minutes away from the cultural treasures of Manhattan, the CSI campus is the largest collegiate site in NYC. Fourteen neo-Georgian style buildings house 300 classrooms, laboratories, instructional spaces, and study lounges, as well as department, faculty, and program offices. CSI boasts an advanced, networked infrastructure and is developing a high performance computational center that will support technology-based research, teaching, and learning throughout CUNY. The College is planning for enrollment growth and for the construction of new residential facilities during the coming five-year period.
The College's faculty, administration, and staff are committed to educational excellence as they instill in students an enduring love of learning and respect for pluralism and diversity. The College community recognizes its responsibility to strive for the common good, including an informed appreciation for the interdependence of all people, as well as providing students with the opportunities for successful future careers.
Reporting to the Associate Provost for Undergraduate Studies, the Administrative Executive Assistant is responsible for the following:
- Maintains the day-to-day operations, including but not limited to data entry for Personnel Action Forms, timesheet verification, record management for course submissions, managing and delegating tasks to office support, and maintaining and overseeing budgets in the Center for International Service and Office of Access and Success Programs.
- Coordinates support services for conferences hosted or organized by the office.
- Provides support where needed for grant applications, including background research, fact verification, obtaining data and other similar functions.
- Assists with preparation of summer and winter intersession schedules and advertisement materials.
- Oversees office support staff in the Center for International Service.
Bachelor's Degree and four years' relevant experience required.
- Master's degree preferred
- Office, payroll and budget management experience preferred
- Experience working with personnel and contract issues
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and experience with QuickBooks
$51,195 - $61,903
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please go to www.cuny.edu;  select "Employment," "Search Job Listings," "More Options to Search for CUNY Jobs," then enter the Job ID# in the "Job Opening ID" field.
January 11, 2013
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.