Coppin State University, a fully accredited institution and a member of the University System of Maryland, is accepting applications for a Full-Time Non Tenure Track Faculty Position in Sports Management. Founded in 1900, Coppin is an urban, residential, historically black university offering 53 majors, and 12 graduate degree programs to nearly 4,000 students enrolled in day, evening, on-line, and weekend undergraduate and graduate courses.
The successful candidate should be able to teach undergraduate courses in the Sport Management Program including but not limited to the following core courses in sport history, sport facility and event management, sport law, sport business and finance, sport marketing, sport medicine, community/urban recreation, sport psychology, sport management practicum and sport management internship.
- Advise and recruit students, develop partnerships with sport organizations and agencies for internships and professional development activities, assist with campus and community program development.
- Assist with the development of the Sports Management Student Association, and function as part of a growing Health and Human Performance department in which the sports management program is housed.
- Doctorate Degree is required is required.
- ABD candidates will also be considered if there is evidence that the candidate will complete the degree within one year.
- Minimum of three (3) years of practical sport industry experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of sports management principles and practices.
- Working knowledge of NASSM/ NASPE/COSMA guidelines.
- Strong analytical, mathematical, and supervisory skills.
- Effective oral and written communications skills for teaching and assessment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with all internal and external contacts.
- Strong PC based computer skills including experience with Blackboard, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Student Analytics software.
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft is a must.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a letter of application, current vitae, and three letters of recommendation to:
Note: Incomplete packets will not receive consideration. Be sure to include vacancy #C20110 in your letter of interest. Complete application packets must be received by December 26, 2012.