Requisition Number: 19656BR
University Job Title: Research Associate 2, MS
Posting Position Title: Research Associate
Bargaining Unit: None
Job Category: Managerial & Professional
Type of Employment: Full Time
Duration Type: Fixed
If Fixed Duration, Period: Other
Other Fixed Duration Date: 01-Aug-2013
If Fixed Duration, is continuation possible?: Yes
Work Week: Standard - 37.5 hrs (M-F, 8:30-5:00)
Work Location: Medical School Campus
Worksite Address: VAMC
1. Designs, plans, implements and evaluates complex multifaceted research projects/systems, including method development, adaptation and validation.
2. Collaborates with PI to define research endeavors and the development of research hypothesis and approach.
3. Solves complex methodology, protocol, procedural and research problems through design of techniques, procedures and policies that will achieve research goals.
4. Develops long range plans for supplies and equipment to ensure smooth operation of laboratory.
5. Investigates, analyzes and evaluates complex data, data collection systems and methods to reach scientific conclusions and ensures the integrity of research data.
6. Collaborates with PI to coordinate major lab renovations working with Facilities, Health and Safety, and Purchasing to ensure deadlines, safety standards and purchases are according to plans and within budgets.
7. Prepares scientific reports and papers for research proposals and published reports.
8. May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
Master's Degree in a scientific discipline.
Three years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Background Check Requirements: All external candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent on successful completion of a background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html  for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
Weekend Hours Required?: Occasional
Evening Hours Required?: Occasional
Drug Screen: No
Health Screening: No
Yale University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Yale values diversity in its faculty, staff, and students and strongly encourages applications from women and members of underrepresented minority groups.