Requisition Number: 19620BR
Department: Off of Equal Opp
University Job Title: Human Resources Representative 2
Posting Position Title: Equal Opportunity Program Representative
Bargaining Unit: None
Job Category: Managerial & Professional
Type of Employment: Full Time
Duration Type: Regular
Work Week: Standard - 37.5 hrs (M-F, 8:30-5:00)
Work Location: Central Campus
Worksite Address: 221 Whit
1. Provides advice and guidance to a medium to large sized client base and human resources partners regarding human resources issues and compliance regulations.
2. Delivers effective human resources services in support of department and University policies.
3. Serves as an expert resource to clients and human resources partners on department and University activities associated with assigned functional areas of responsibility.
4. Maintains accurate information on organization structure and administrative practices, procedures, guidelines, and systems associated with delivery of human resources services and programs.
5. Conducts research, evaluates, and interprets department and University policies and assists clients and human resources partners in resolving complex issues.
6. As a strategic business partner designs and supports work systems in which people succeed and contribute. Cultivates and fosters collaborative relationships with clients and HR partners. Delivers superior customer service. Consults with business unit management in the strategic planning process and development of human resource strategies that support the unit's business needs. Establishes HR business objectives to support the attainment of the client's overall strategic business plan and objectives.
7. As an employee advocate creates a work environment in which people will choose to be motivated, contributing, and engaged. Analyzes data, develops solutions, and determines courses of action. Provides direction and establishes an organizational culture and climate in which people have the competency, concern and commitment to serve the business well. Fosters effective methods in support of goal setting, communication and empowerment through responsibility, to build peoples ownership of the business.
8. As a change champion links change to the strategic needs of the client to minimize employee dissatisfaction and resistance to change. Assesses the effectiveness of the HR function. Champions the identification of the client's strategic plan: mission, vision, values, goals and action plans. Determines the measures that will tell the organization how well it is succeeding.
9. As an advisor studies, analyzes and provides advice and counsel to clients on HR law, policies, procedures and contractual obligations.
10. Leads HR projects and programs.
11. Mentors junior staff.
12. May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree and three years of professional human resources experience or an equivalent education or experience in a related field.
Background Check Requirements: All external candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent on successful completion of a background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html  for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
Weekend Hours Required?: No
Evening Hours Required?: No
Drug Screen: No
Health Screening: No
Yale University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Yale values diversity in its faculty, staff, and students and strongly encourages applications from women and members of underrepresented minority groups.