Posting Title : ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF ADMISSIONS - Office of Student Services for Public Health and Professional Degree Programs
Requisition Number : 1484
City : Boston
State/Province : Massachusetts
Zip code : 02111
Job Description-Overview :
The Office of Student Services for Public Health and Professional Degree Programs oversees the administrative operation of the Tufts Medical School's graduate programs, inclusive of admissions, registration, career, academic and student services functions for about 400 graduate students on the Boston Health Sciences Campus.
The Assistant Director of Admissions is responsible for assisting with all aspects of the admissions and recruitment activities for the Public Health and Professional Degree Programs, which include the MPH, MS-Health Communication, MS-Pain Management, MS-Biomedical Science, Physician Assistant and combined MD programs.
The Assistant Director will be responsible for:
- Assisting with the implementation and execution of recruitment and admissions strategies that fulfill the PHPD Programs' enrollment objectives;
- Monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of admissions policies, practices and procedures;
- The development of recruitment materials to promote programs and establish strategies for communicating with prospective and admitted students utilizing current technologies;
- The management of the admissions process, including the review of applicant information and decisions;
- The events for prospective students, such as open houses;
- New student orientation;
- Other duties as assigned.
This position will report to the Director of Admissions for the Public Health and Professional Degree Programs.
Job Description - Requirements :
- Bachelors degree.
- 3-5 years of related experience.
- A valid U.S. Driver's License.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Access, Word, Excel), Internet, Email, and knowledge of enrollment management software.
- Able to lift up to 20lbs. with or without accommodation.
- Master's degree.
- Admissions experience in a graduate setting.
- Possess solid analytical and problem solving skills.
- Outstanding communication and organizational skills.
- Effective public speaking and presentation skills.
- Ability to recruit and work effectively with diverse populations.
- Excellent judgment.
- Ability to problem-solve.
- Extensive marketing and recruitment experience.
- Experience with the use and maintenance of an integrated enrollment information system.
- Preparation and maintenance of statistical reports and records.
- Knowledge of services, issues and best practices related to the admissions, recruitment and enrollment process.
- Should be enthusiastic and motivated and able to work with multiple constituencies - medical students, graduate students, alumni, faculty and staff on multiple campuses and at affiliated institutions.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
- Will be required to travel in US some evenings and weekends primarily in the fall as it relates to recruitment.
Please apply online at http://hr.tufts.edu/jobs 
JOB REQUISITION #: 1484
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds.