Job ID: 2012-39083
# Positions: 1
Location: US-IL-Downers Grove
Posted Date: 10/8/2012
Division: DeVry Inc.
Department: Information Technology
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
About DeVry Inc.:
About DeVry Inc.
DeVry's purpose is to empower its students to achieve their educational and career goals. DeVry (NYSE: DV; member S&P MidCap 400 Index) is a global provider of educational services and the parent organization of Advanced Academics, American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine, Becker Professional Education, Carrington College, Carrington College California, Chamberlain College of Nursing, DeVry Brasil, DeVry University, Ross University School of Medicine and Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine. These institutions offer a wide array of programs in business, healthcare, technology, accounting and finance. For more information, please visit http://www.devryinc.com .
DeVry Inc. is looking for a Product Manager to join its Education Technology R&D group. This individual will play an integral role in helping the organization re-imagine teaching and learning for the internet age and making sure that DeVry is on the cutting edge in using technology to deliver a world-class learning experience for its students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the single point of ownership for initiatives and expertise in one or more of the following domains: educational games, simulation, social and community
- Collaborate closely with academic stakeholders, advisory boards and subject matter experts to identify, understand, and prioritize needs and define a strategy for leveraging games, simulation, or social technologies during the teaching and learning process
- Define an implementation roadmap in alignment with DeVry’s vision and strategic priorities
- Maintain a detailed understanding of the technology and competitive landscape
- Perform competitive benchmarking in the areas of educational games, simulation, and social solutions and identify DeVry’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats relative to its direct, indirect, and potential competitors
- Identify, collect and aggregate data and research on educational game, simulation, and social technologies, vendors, startup companies, and competitor offerings
- Analyze data, identify actionable opportunities and key trends, and present findings and recommendations to academic, technology and business leaders
- Lead each phase of the ideation process from opportunity-identification and problem framing to experience-definition and product design
- Present findings, recommendations, and updates to senior executives
- Perform customer and usability research and develop a processes for gathering customer feedback to help validate product success
- Establish, encourage, follow, and evangelize practices that encourage innovation
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- 7+ years of product management experience in software services, preferably in higher education
- Expertise about solutions and technologies that use gaming principles, simulations, and social collaboration and community techniques during the teaching and learning process strongly preferred
- Understanding of instructional/educational technologies and how they are used to improve student outcomes preferred
- Proven ability to establish, nurture, and manage collaborative relationships with thought leaders, fellow product managers, technology vendors, and internal stakeholders at all levels across a large global enterprise with the highest degree of professionalism, integrity, respect, and composure
- Proven ability to work onsite and remotely with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to innovate, inspire change in the face of resistance, and persist through failure
- Able to accomplish goals through persuasion and influence rather than authority
- Knowledge of innovation and ideation practices, rapid proto-typing, and agile project management desired
- Outstanding writing and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel up to 25%
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.