Job ID: 2012-40058
# Positions: 1
Posted Date: 11/9/2012
Division: Chamberlain College of Nursing
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
About Chamberlain College of Nursing:
Chamberlain College of Nursing is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, ncahlc.org. HLC is one of the six regional agencies that accredit U.S. colleges and universities at the institutional level. The Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree program and the Master of Science in Nursing degree program are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, 202.887.6791). The Associate Degree in Nursing program at the Columbus location is accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC, 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326, 404.975.5000). Accreditation provides assurance to the public and to prospective students that standards of quality have been met. AC0107.
Chamberlain College of Nursing, 2450 Crystal Drive, Arlington, VA 22202 is certified to operate by the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia, 101 N. 14th Street, 10th Floor, James Monroe Building, Richmond, VA 23219, 804.225.2600. Chamberlain College of Nursing has provisional approval from the Virginia Board of Nursing, Perimeter Center, 9960 Mayland Drive, Suite 300, Henrico, VA 23233-1463, 804.367.4515.
Program availability varies by location. Chamberlain reserves the right to update information as it becomes available. Information is current at the time of publication. For the most updated accreditation information, visit chamberlain.edu/accreditation. Comprehensive consumer information is available at chamberlain.edu/studentconsumerinfo.
This entry level position is responsible for daily Registrar Services tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follows daily assignments and completes basic tasks to support department services.
- Uses systems and databases to perform duties.
- Works both independently and on a team.
- Responsible for meeting goals and department service levels.
- Participates in on going and cross training to expand knowledge and task capabilities.
- Provides customer service to internal clients.
- Learns and follows academic policy.
- Manages official student records including academic files and records in electronic student management systems.
- Verifies enrollment eligibility for applicants and students.
- Inputs master course schedule for student registration.
- Monitors attendance and student progression requirements.
- Produces and distributes Dean's List and Honor Roll reports.
- Coordinates graduation audits for compliance with requirements. Orders diplomas and verifies graduation honors. Grants degree status in student records, and maintains records of graduates.
- Provides grade reports, transcripts, enrollment verification and other educational documentation requested by students.
- Provides information for preparation of reports for both external and internal use.
- Complies with all regulatory requirements for student record maintenance and storage.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Higher Education.
- A minimum of one year experience in a post-secondary educational institution in student enrollment and academic records preferred.
- Good communication and people skills.
- PC proficiency and Microsoft Office Suite experience.
- Ability to learn quickly with attention to details.
- Well organized with ability to multi-task.
- Customer service experience in related industries.
- Flexible and adaptable.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.