Job ID: 2012-38935
# Positions: 1
Location: US-NV-Las Vegas
Posted Date: 10/5/2012
Division: Carrington College
Department: Career Services
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Under general supervision, the Senior Career Services Advisor advises students regarding career issues and strategies, is responsible for developing externship sites, monitoring student extern performance, and providing students and graduates with employment assistance. Provides some supervisory assistance for Career Services Advisors, provides training and ensures accurate reporting into CampusVue system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in training new Career Services Advisors on job search methods, resume preparation, externship responsibilities and entering data into CampusVue.
- Assists in interviewing candidates for the Career Service Advisor position.
- Provides one-on-one employment assistance to both students and graduates.
- Answers student and employer questions with regard to the externship, employment, and placement processes.
- Serves as the liaison between the student and the externship site or employer.
- Ensures that the student is prepared to begin the job search process by assisting the faculty with helping the students in resume writing, interview techniques, phone skills, networking, and other job search processes.
- Provides assistance to students with career preparation concerns throughout their tenure at the College.
- Maintains accurate student, graduate and employment records and phone logs, as appropriate.
- Assists the Program Directors with preparing for campus advisory board activities and the Dean in preparing for graduation ceremonies.
- Assist graduates in securing education-related employment through assistance with interview techniques, resume assistance and critiquing and by providing job leads.
- Generate employer database through cold calling, mailing, and site visits.
- Establish a working relationship with existing and new companies.
- Responsible for weekly placements goals and 90 day employment verification.
- Meet with Program Directors on as required.
- In absence of Director of Career Services. assumes management responsibilities as designated.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Career Services
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience in a department responsible for supporting employee needs, preferably career training or job placement, desirable
- Excellent customer service and communication skills..
- Minimum of three to four years experience in careers services, job recruitment or development, sales, customer service or related fields.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with others on a professional level using excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to guide and evaluate student progress in the career planning area.
- Strong PC skills including strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite. Experienced using data base programs and well versed in internet based job search techniques.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.