Work should never be just work - it should be a calling, a vocation. Through pursuing a career with Franciscan University, you’ll have the opportunity to be a part of a visionary organization in service of the Catholic Church, an institution that Francis Cardinal Stafford, former president of the Pontifical Council of the Laity, described as “central to the reform and the renewal of the Catholic Church after the Second Vatican Council.”
You’ll work for and with the Church, alongside like-minded men and women who share your values and your desire to transform the culture. You’ll be challenged by the work and rewarded by the fruit it bears.
Founded in 1946, Franciscan University is known around the world for its enduring fidelity, vibrant campus culture, and academic excellence. For the past 10 years, the University has been ranked in the elite “first tier” of Midwestern universities by U.S. News and World Report. It’s also the only school to be included in both Kiplinger’s ranking of “Best Values in College Education” and the Cardinal Newman Society’s “Guide to Choosing a Catholic College.”
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Vice President of Academic Affairs, the Director of Franciscan Online is responsible for the academic and financial well-being of all online programs. The Director must ensure that Franciscan Online programming and curriculum reflects the academically excellent and passionately Catholic nature of the institution. The Director will be responsible to draft a strategic plan for the development and support of online learning at the University in collaboration with academic units and administration to ensure the alignment of online learning with the University’s mission and strategic initiatives. The Director must develop and present a bold vision for Franciscan Online to all stakeholders.
For a more detailed description of responsibilities please visit our website at: www.franciscan.edu/Employment-Listings 
Mission Identity: Must understand and embrace the mission of Franciscan University of Steubenville. Must possess the desire and ability to advance and promote the University’s academically excellent and passionately Catholic nature through online education.
Education & Key Experiences:
• A bachelor’s degree is required, Master’s degree preferred.
• A minimum of 5 years’ of demonstrated success in online higher education administrative leadership is required, 10 years preferred. Successful candidate must demonstrate a progressive increase in responsibility and skill throughout their career in online education.
• Experience teaching online is required.
• Strong preference will be given to individuals who have experience in building an online program from the ground up.
• Must possess a demonstrated track record of exceeding enrollment goals in a results oriented environment.
* Vision * Strategic Thinking
* Contract Management * Teamwork/Collaboration
* Drive for Results * Managing & Measuring Work
* Interpersonal Skills
• Must possess experience with online education delivery administrative systems
• Must be proficient with the use of standard office applications and personal computers
Situated just 40 miles west of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (25 miles from Pittsburgh International Airport), Franciscan University’s home city of Steubenville, Ohio, offers University employees the best of both worlds: A small town environment with thriving parishes, faithful Catholic schools, an extensive homeschool network, and a close-knit supportive community, plus all the amenities of a major metropolitan area, including professional sporting events, a world-class symphony, opera, ballet, shopping, fine dining, and more.
Franciscan University offers its employees a market based compensation system with benefits which are second to none in our peer group.
For additional information and postings, visit our website at www.franciscan.edu/Employment-Listings .
Send letter of application, resume (including three references) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org  or via fax to 740-284-7246.