The Child Development and Family Studies (CDFS) program in the Department of Technology, Learning, and Culture is seeking to fill a 9-month renewable appointment at the rank of Teaching Instructor or Teaching Assistant Professor, depending upon qualifications, to begin August 16, 2013. Additional teaching in the summer is available on a per course basis. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Teach 4 CDFS courses each fall and spring semester (or course equivalents).
- Monitor and manage student registrations for CDFS online classes.
- Monitor LiveText Assignments and submissions to ensure quality data.
- Liaison with RBA, MDS and nontraditional online majors.
- Monitor CDFS students on University Probation or Suspension and CDFS program dismissal issues.
- Oversee background checks of CDFS students fulfilling internship requirements.
- Coordinate and monitor Infant/Toddler Certificate, Early Childhood Development Certificate, and Directors Credential
- Provide liaison with Potomac State College’s and Pierpont/Fairmont State University’s early childhood programs.
- Liaison with Honor’s program, Alumni, ASPIRE, and other campus organizations.
- Other assignments as needed to build and maintain program quality.
Qualifications for the Position:
- Doctorate in child/adolescent/human development, family studies, developmental psychology, or related field for Teaching Assistant Professor, but will consider candidates with master’s degree in these same fields in which case the position would be Teaching Instructor.
- Experience teaching undergraduate courses in child/adolescent development and family studies.
- Experience with undergraduate programs and online teaching desirable.
Applicants should submit application materials electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org (304-293-6875). Please submit a letter describing teaching experience and interest relative to this position, a curriculum vita, and names and contact information for three individuals who can provide professional references. For more information, contact CDFS Program Coordinator Dr. Carol Markstrom at email@example.com or (304) 293-3344.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
West Virginia University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer that accommodates the needs of individuals with disabilities. Women, individuals with disabilities, and individuals of minority backgrounds are encouraged to apply.