The University of Florida Veterinary Hospitals is recruiting for Senior Lab Technician for their Histology Laboratory.
Duties include but are not limited to:
1. Gross examination of and trimming samples with residents.
2. Embedding, cutting, staining, cover slipping and labeling slides submitted to the service from both the surgical pathology and necropsy services.
3. Incumbent participates in the production of specific special stains as requested by the professional service faculty and residents in a timely manner consistent with needs and objectives of the department.
4. Performs and oversees quality control on slides produced by the laboratory, including routine and special stains and immunohistochemistry.
5. Uses and maintains automated staining equipment including automated processors, tissue stainers, coverslippers and immunohistichemistry stainers. This includes troubleshooting problems in both staining protocols and the operation of the equipment.
6. Serves as lead technician for immunohistochemical stains utilizing automated stainer. Incumbent has primary responsibility for developing, troubleshooting and performing immunohistochemistry as well as for cross training other histology staff in proper IHC techniques.
7. Position requires a post offer health assessment.
Minimum Requirements: A high school diploma and four years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.