The American College of Education (ACE) is a fully accredited education institution that offers innovative, 100% online student-centered degrees. Based in Indianapolis the College offers a range of Master’s degree programs and subject-area concentrations, The Web-based curriculum is accessible 24/7 and tuition costs make the college affordable and accessible.
***NOTICE WE HAVE 2 Adjunct positions below***
Location - Virtual
Immediate openings are expected for Ed.D. or Ph.D.-prepared instructors in graduate education programs at American College of Education. Appropriate disciplines for the Ph.D. or Ed.D. holders are Curriculum & Instruction, related Education areas of study such as Initial Teacher Preparation and Supervision, Bilingual Education, Educational Leadership, Educational Technology, Instructional Technology, and related fields.
American College of Education Faculty will be responsible for fostering an environment of professional learning and student engagement. Faculties set all course guidelines, communicate learning expectations, grade all assignments, and assign final grades.
If selected as an applicant, you will be required to complete a 4-hour Online Training. Upon successful completion of the Training, an interview with a Department Chair and a Background Check will be conducted. If contracted, you will be moved to a faculty pool; teaching assignments are based on program needs and student enrollment.
• An earned doctorate (Ph.D. or Ed.D.) from a regionally accredited institution.
• Active participation in professional associations pertaining to the candidate’s field.
• Preferred: Demonstrated experience working as an instructor or an administrator in an online education setting.
• Familiarity with the problems and practices of online education.
Educational Leadership Internship Supervisor
Location - Virtual
Supervise the internship experience of a group of approximately 30-60 Educational Leadership students as they work through the academic program and internship concurrently.
Organize and conduct three virtual communication meetings over the course of the internship period of approximately 18 months (Introductory, Interim, and Final meetings) that include you as the internship supervisor, the ACE intern, and the intern’s mentor. Forms will be shared for students to complete prior to this meeting. Meetings will be held via conference call or webcam using Skype or a similar medium. In some states (for example, Texas) site visits may be required. These will be handled on a state-by-state basis, and internship supervisors for those students would be compensated for related travel expenses.
• Evaluate internship submissions according to Internship Rubric (about 10-20 per student over the 18-month period) and provide clear and consistent feedback each term.
• Establish a relationship with your intern
• Communicate regularly with your intern in response to questions or concerns. Respond to all email inquiries within 24 hours. Communicate via phone as appropriate.
• Keep students updated on their status and the expectations of the various components of the internship, as necessary. Provide formative and summative feedback.
• Be available via email to students to respond to questions and offer support and guidance within 24 hours, including holidays and weekends as the course calendar dictates.
Apply at: firstname.lastname@example.org 
*IMPORTANT- Please send Cover Letter, CV or Resume and Unofficial Transcripts of the highest degree earned with the following in the subject line: Last, First name -“Title of position you are applying for”
American College of Education does not contract with contingent faculty in these states: Washington, D.C.; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Maine; Oregon; Rhode Island.