The American College of Education (ACE) is a fully accredited education institution that offers innovative, 100% online student-centered degrees. Based in Indianapolis the College offers a range of Masters degree programs as well as the EDD and EDS in Leadership. The Web-based curriculum is accessible 24/7 and tuition costs make the college affordable and accessible.
Doctoral Faculty in the School of Advanced Studies
American College of Education is seeking candidates for the position of Doctoral Faculty in the School of Advanced Studies, one of four academic departments in the College. Doctoral faculty teach, advise, supervise the research of doctoral students in the School, and pursue their own program of research. The doctoral faculty selected as a result of this solicitation will serve as the Founding Doctoral Faculty of the College, and thus will play a central role in the planning and development of the doctoral program.
Doctoral Faculty will report to the Director of School of Advanced Studies, who, together with the Dean of the College, will be responsible for conducting annual evaluations of each Doctoral Faculty.
Each doctoral faculty will assume responsibilities in the following areas:
• Teaching: Each Doctoral Faculty will teach a total of 8 instructional units/year. An instructional unit may be a 10-week lecture course, a project-based course, or a doctoral seminar. Each Doctoral Faculty will also contribute to the continuing development of his/her instructional units.
• Supervision of doctoral student research: Each Doctoral Faculty will supervise research activities of doctoral candidates, including the dissertation or capstone project culminating the degree program.
• Establishing working relations with educational organizations: Each Doctoral Faculty will be charged with developing and maintaining strong working relationships with a number of specific educational organizations, including state departments of education, school districts, professional associations and organizations, and other agencies that will support the use of databases by doctoral students, or who will establish collaborative projects with doctoral students.
• Mentoring ACE Core and National Faculty: Each Doctoral Faculty will be expected to contribute time to mentoring select Faculty, to prepare these faculty members to assume roles as Doctoral Faculty.
• Participating in Department and College governance: Each Doctoral Faculty will be expected to serve on standing School or College committees, ad hoc committees, and, in general, to contribute to the governance of School and College.
• Personal research and writing: Each Doctoral Faculty is expected to establish and pursue a program of research or inquiry, prepare documents or other forms of information sharing for publication and/or presentation on Web sources, and make presentations at regional and national conferences.
• An earned doctorate (PhD or EdD) from a regionally accredited institution in one of the following (or closely related disciplines):
• Leadership and/or management
• Educational Administration
• Research and/or evaluation methods
• Elementary or secondary education
• Experience working with students at a distance
• Organizational development
• Education and social policy research/analyses
• Digital learning/teaching or information sciences
• Demonstrated successful experience in guiding student research, including dissertation supervision.
• At least three years of teaching in a postsecondary education institution, at the graduate level, relevant to one of the concentrations in the ACE doctoral program, including:
• Educational organizations: structures, processes, effectiveness, leadership.
• The superintendancy; or
• Theories, methods, and strategies of online education.
• Demonstrated record of publication, presentation, or other forms of displaying the results of research and/or evaluation.
• Active participation in professional associations pertaining to the candidate’s field.
• Demonstrated experience working as an instructor or an administrator in an online education setting.
• Familiarity with the problems and practices of online education.
• Demonstrated research pertaining to online education.
• Experience in working with large state- or district-level educational databases.
Apply at: firstname.lastname@example.org 
*IMPORTANT- Please send Cover Letter, CV or Resume and Unofficial Transcripts of the highest degree earned with the following in the subject line: Last, First name -Doctoral Faculty position