Posting Number: STA20110155
Job Title: Senior Developer/Project Manager
Working Title: Developer/Project Manager
Position Class: Staff
Department: IT Information Systems
The Developer/Project Manager designs, develops and maintains enterprise application systems, primarily involving but not limited to the college’s administrative information system, and acts as team lead on technical matters. The Developer/Project Manager provides technical assistance for enterprise technology-related problems. The Developer/Project Manager works as part of the Information Systems team to provide an information technology environment consistent with the goals of the college, meeting the needs of college faculty, staff and students.
Lewis & Clark College will conduct background checks on the finalist(s).
Lewis & Clark College is an equal opportunity employer.
• Bachelor’s degree
• At least five years of Programming & Analysis experience
• Demonstrated knowledge of project management concepts and techniques
• Programming and analysis concepts and techniques
• Shared, relational database structures and design
• Strong service and teamwork orientations
• Strong organization, decision-making and listening skills
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with College staff at all levels
• Willingness to work on evenings and weekends
• At least two years of Project Management experience
• At least three years of Ellucian/Datatel Programming experience
• Experience with SQL query and reporting
• Experience developing solutions in a Colleague environment
• Experience working in a higher education computing environment
• Knowledge of or experience with web development concepts and techniques
• Experience working with BusinessObjects reporting systems.
• Experience working with Entrinsik Informer reporting system.
Anticipated Position Start Date: 12/01/2012
Posting Date: 10/22/2012
Open Until Filled
Months Worked Per Year: 12
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Review of applications will begin on November 5 and will continue until the position is filled.
Pay Rate: $65,000 - 75,000/annually
1. Lead and/or participate in full-cycle management, development and maintenance of enterprise applications, reporting systems and services, including research, analysis, design, development, testing, debugging and documenting solutions.
2. Provide technical support for problems related to enterprise systems and software and other IT-supported systems on an as-needed basis.
3. Perform function of primary liaison for one functional area of enterprise applications (HR, Financial or Student), evaluating new requests, determining priorities, performing basic project management and forecasting development timelines.
4. Provide assistance and guidance to other application developers on internal standards, best practices, concepts and techniques.
5. Perform other duties and projects as assigned.