The City University of New York (CUNY) is the nation's leading urban public university serving more than 480,000 students in a wide range of educational programs at 24 colleges and institutions in New York City.
Job ID: 7129
Contributes to a College's academic accreditation activities under management direction.
- Supports the efforts of a specific department or division to earn and/or maintain the accreditation of the Middle States Commission of Higher Education
- Manages and coordinates program goals, data collection, and student/instructor feedback with respect to accreditation
- Collects, analyzes and interprets enrollment and graduation data; prepares comprehensive reports for management and external agencies
- Conducts exit interviews with graduating students and prepares comprehensive annual assessments
- Prepares materials for accreditation visits; updates information for various department and College publications
- May supervise office operations and/or department budget
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Academic Accreditation Specialist
Higher Education Assistant
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
The successful candidate will work with faculty and staff to plan, develop and implement the array of tasks related to outcomes assessment in improving teaching and learning at Hostos Community College.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Oversees campus assessment activities including course and outcomes program assessment.
- Works with faculty on academic program review.
- Serves as liaison to campus assessment committees.
- Provides technical assistance to faculty and staff regarding assessment activities.
- Works with faculty in developing and implementing general education assessment activities.
Bachelor's degree and four years' related experience required.
The following qualifications are preferred:
- Master's degree in a related discipline
- At least one year previous educational research experience in a higher education environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Power Point and Access
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must apply online by accessing the CUNY Website at www.cuny.edu  ad navigating to the following links: "Employment", "Search for Jobs", and "Search Job Listings".
Please attach resume, cover letter, and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional references.
January 3, 2013
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.