Job ID: 2012-39603
# Positions: 1
Location: US-CO-Colorado Springs
Posted Date: 11/1/2012
Division: DeVry University
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
About DeVry Inc.:
About DeVry Inc.
DeVry's purpose is to empower its students to achieve their educational and career goals. DeVry (NYSE: DV; member S&P MidCap 400 Index) is a global provider of educational services and the parent organization of Advanced Academics, American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine, Becker Professional Education, Carrington College, Carrington College California, Chamberlain College of Nursing, DeVry Brasil, DeVry University, Ross University School of Medicine and Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine. These institutions offer a wide array of programs in business, healthcare, technology, accounting and finance. For more information, please visit http://www.devryinc.com .
The Academic Affairs Specialist is responsible for oversight at a single location of a branch Campus operation. This position has a dotted line relationship to the Metro DAA and to University Academic Affairs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides academic support services to students in all aspects of academic support including advisement, appeals, course selection, and registrar services.
- Directs and coordinates the faculty hiring process in concert with metro faculty hiring strategy and processes.
- Oversees local academic quality including monitoring of classroom observations and student feedback.
- Serves as faculty manager for faculty assigned to teach at location. Provides routine feedback, individual performance plans and performance management.
- Supervises academic staff/advisors as location grows. Provides routine feedback, individual performance plans and performance management.
- Designs and supports broader strategies for program growth.
- Ensures training to faculty and local staff.
- Documents and gains authorized approval for exceptions.
- Completes other projects and duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution required.
- At least 5 years of experience in a management level academics or related management position.
- PC skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Must have good analytical skills with the ability to prepare budgets and reports.
- Excellent organization, communication and team building skills, as well as ability to manage across many departments and locations effectively.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.