Job ID: 2012-36279
# Positions: 1
Posted Date: 12/4/2012
Division: Chamberlain College of Nursing
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
About Chamberlain College of Nursing:
About Chamberlain College of Nursing:
Chamberlain College of Nursing is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, ncahlc.org. HLC is one of the six regional agencies that accredit U.S. colleges and universities at the institutional level. The Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree program and the Master of Science in Nursing degree program are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, 202.887.6791). The Associate Degree in Nursing program at the Columbus location is accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC, 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326, 404.975.5000). Accreditation provides assurance to the public and to prospective students that standards of quality have been met. AC0107.
Chamberlain College of Nursing, 2450 Crystal Drive, Arlington, VA 22202 is certified to operate by the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia, 101 N. 14th Street, 10th Floor, James Monroe Building, Richmond, VA 23219, 804.225.2600. Chamberlain College of Nursing has provisional approval from the Virginia Board of Nursing, Perimeter Center, 9960 Mayland Drive, Suite 300, Henrico, VA 23233-1463, 804.367.4515.
Program availability varies by location. Chamberlain reserves the right to update information as it becomes available. Information is current at the time of publication. For the most updated accreditation information, visit chamberlain.edu/accreditation. Comprehensive consumer information is available at chamberlain.edu/studentconsumerinfo.
The Dean of Academic Operations is responsible for the direct management of the Academic Operations areas that support Academics including, Skills Lab, Center for Academic Success, Clinical Coordinators and where appropriate, Library Services. The Dean provides leadership to these areas to ensure all areas work collaboratively together so that positive student outcomes are achieved.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with Academics to ensure all areas of Academic Operations support and align with curricula so that the highest levels of student achievement and satisfaction can be obtained.
- Works collaboratively with national skills lab manager to ensure the labs are properly maintained and meet Chamberlain standards regarding level and type of equipment.
- Prepares capital requests for the labs as needed.
- Participates in the recruitment, selection and onboarding of qualified lab staff.
- Ensure the Center for Academic Success (CAS) is effectively staffed by qualified NCLEX and SOS tutors by participating in the recruitment, selection and onboarding of qualified staff and monitors their performance.
- Works collaboratively with the Dean of Academic Success to develop and implement appropriate CAS programs and develops appropriate measures to monitor success.
- Monitors effectiveness of CAS and implements action plans to support ongoing student success.
- Works with library staff to ensure holdings continue to support the curriculum and that they are reviewed and vetted through the library committee.
- Works collaboratively with national clinical staff to ensure Clinical Coordinators best represent Chamberlain in developing and fostering positive clinical partnerships.
- Responsible for ensuring that both clinical and lab schedules accommodate student needs by aligning with Academics.
- Completes other projects and duties as assigned.
- This position may be required to carry a small course load.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- MSN required.
- Professional nurse licensure required.
- Minimum three years experience in a leadership role within a hospital setting and/or other clinical setting such as a physician practice or clinic.
- Previous experience as a nurse educator preferred.
- Experienced with the supervision and management of direct reports within a department.
- Above average competency in Microsoft Suite of products.
- Experienced with database administration – MS Access knowledge considered a plus.
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels: student, faculty and staff. Strong customer service orientation.
- Must be familiar with and comfortable working with a matrix management system which will include the Dean of Academic Affairs, the local Campus Dean and all local faculties.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.