About The Ohio State University:
The Ohio State University is a leading comprehensive teaching and research university that combines a responsibility for the advancement and dissemination of knowledge with a land-grant heritage of public service.
• World-class Education – we consistently rank among the top national public universities for undergraduate, graduate and professional programs.
• Leading-edge Research and Facilities – our leading scholars and scientists provide students with unparalleled opportunities to develop creative aptitudes, independence, and the problem-solving skills necessary for success in graduate and professional school and in employment.
• Great People Make a Great University - our faculty and staff are some of the finest in the world. They are internationally known for their academic credentials, real-world experience, and cutting-edge research.
• Outreach and Engagement - our commitment to Outreach and Engagement at Ohio State means a commitment to a meaningful and mutually beneficial collaboration with partners in education, business, and social service.
Undergraduate Admissions at The Ohio State University is an exciting place to be. This is an opportunity to strategically impact the future of Ohio State through the recruitment of outstanding students.
The Senior Assistant Director – Non-Resident Recruitment will have direct influence on the leaders of tomorrow by providing proactive leadership and vision in Undergraduate Admissions. Key responsibilities of this position include supervising the regional recruiting team located around the country and expanding non-resident recruitment beyond its current markets. This position will touch every aspect of non-resident recruitment and will be responsible for its advancement and success.
This position reports to the Associate Director of Undergraduate Admissions and works with a talented group of individuals who each have a passion for students. Within Undergraduate Admissions, this individual will primarily interact with the Outreach and Recruitment Director, Associate Director, Assistant Directors including Alumni Relations, Transfer Recruitment, Access and Diversity, as well as the Program Coordinator for off-campus events and an administrative support professional. This position also has steady contact with partner offices across campus, in addition to high schools, community colleges and national organizations. This individual has a supervisory role and will directly supervise the regional recruitment staff within Undergraduate Admissions. This is a new position for Undergraduate Admissions and is very well resourced. This is a great opportunity for an experienced individual to come in and make their mark.
Specifically, this position will be responsible for :
1. Taking the strategic plan for Enrollment Services as a whole and identifying how non-resident recruiting fits in with that plan.
2. Identifying and leveraging relationships with partners both on-campus and beyond.
3. Expanding non-resident recruiting into new markets, particularly those outside of established major metropolitan areas.
4. Managing the performance of the non-resident recruiting team in order to achieve program objectives. This individual will be responsible for creating annual reviews for each of the non-resident recruiters, as well as developing these individuals for greater success.
5. Embracing the complexity of OSU and its processes in order to accomplish objectives.
6. Communicating effectively with a diverse staff in geographically dispersed locations.
REQUIRED: Bachelor’s degree; at least three years of supervisory experience; at least three years of experience in university admissions; self-starter, able to build relationships with a wide variety of constituencies and leverage those effectively and able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends. Desired: Master’s degree and experience supervising a geographically dispersed staff.
Application Instructions: For a complete position description and application instructions please visit www.jobsatosu.com  and search by Job Number 372368. Application Deadline: 12/30/2012
To build a diverse workforce Ohio State encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, veterans and women. EEO/AA employer.