Salary: $40,159 - $50,695
Title: Transfer Admission Counselor
Category: Student Affairs and Advising
Department: Undergraduate Admissions
Date Posted: 05/08/2012
Final Filing Date: open until filled
8AM - 5PM
The UC Riverside Undergraduate Admissions office is seeking a Transfer Admissions Counselor to organize and administer motivational and informational programs throughout California aimed at increasing UCR enrollment from community college students. Responsible for all phases of eligibility evaluation of transfer applicants based on self-reported information, official transcripts, and other pertinent documents. As an official representative of the University, is available to prospective and admitted students, their families, the campus community, and the general public to interpret, enforce, and explain University policies and regulations. Represents the Undergraduate Admissions office and the University at workshops, counselor conferences, college fairs, community college visits, and a variety of on and off-campus yield events.
1. Bachelor's degree in a related field and prior experience as a professional level student affairs officer or equivalent; or an equivalent combination of college education and experience.
2. Demonstrated undergraduate experience in: a) recruitment of prospective students; b) evaluating applications, transcripts, and supplemental documentation; and c) making admissions decisions on prospective applicants, to include full consideration of academic records and subjective criteria.
3. Ability to effectively manage a large volume of undergraduate admissions applications in multiple programs in a timely manner.
4. Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, with the wide range of audiences served by Undergraduate Admissions, to include students, faculty, administrators and the general public using various media formats.
5. Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment that is subject to constantly changing priorities. Skill in organizing and setting priorities that accurately reflect the importance of the job responsibilities.
6. Excellent skills in operating a computer to retrieve and enter data in a student information system or large data base. Must have experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel, and other business software.
7. Skill in listening, anticipating, and responding to the needs of customers to achieve excellent customer service measured by outcomes rather than activities.
8. Ability to work effectively as an individual, a team member, and with diverse groups.
9. Skill in independently researching questions and making appropriate contacts for problem solving. Skill in analyzing information, problems, situations, practices, or procedures to identify relevant concerns, identify patterns or tendencies, formulate logical and objective conclusions.
10. Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
1. Demonstrated experience working with a Student Information system.
2. Operating knowledge of the applicable federal and state regulations governing undergraduate admissions and other areas related to the responsibilities of the job.
3. Operating knowledge of the application of UC policies and procedures governing undergraduate admissions
4. Ability to analyze, interpret and evaluate statistical data and policy.
5. Demonstrated experience working with an on-line application evaluation tool.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
At UC Riverside we celebrate diversity and are proud of our #4 ranking among the nation for most diverse universities (US News and World Report 2011). Become part of a place that fosters success for all its constituents, students, faculty, and staff, and where work/life balance and campus culture are integral to our way of life.
UCR is ranked 41st among top public universities (US News and World Report 2011) and is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer, with a commitment to workforce diversity.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview