The Database Administrator ensures that the Colleague Reporting and Operating Analytics system is configured and operated to meet the reporting needs of the college. Optimized use of the SQL data store, Business Objects, WebIntelligence, and reporting tools are supported by the Database Administrator. Data interfaces between the college’s ERP and other SQL databases are maintained and enhanced.
The work schedule for this position is 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
College of Southern Maryland conducts background checks in order to ensure the safety and well-being of the college's staff and students. The final candidate for this position will be subject to the following background checks: Criminal History Check.
This position is open until filled. For best consideration, apply by 11:59 pm EST Thursday, 12/13/12. The College of Southern Maryland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or business related area preferred, and 2 years experience in database administration or equivalent OR Associates Degree and 4 years experience in database administration.
- Skilled in problem analysis, identification, isolation, and resolution related to database systems.
- Work experience and proficiency in designing, developing, installing, configuring, implementing, and maintaining PC, server, and web based database systems, reports, and graphic presentations required.
- Skilled in state of the market place application system query languages and report writers required.
- Work experience and proficiency with state of the market place Relational Database Management Systems required. Unidata, Oracle, DB2, MS SQL Server preferred.
- Work experience and proficiency with PC, Network, and Server based operating systems required.
- Work experience with state of the market place PC, Network, and server hardware platforms.
- Work experience with leading and participating on information technology project teams.
- Knowledge of project management principles and techniques.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and tasks concurrently.
- Ability to adapt quickly to rapidly changing technology.
- Ability to translate technical terms for non-technical persons.