The Department of Allied Health is seeking a faculty member to plan, develop, coordinate and instruct courses within the allied health programme.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Teaching bachelor-level content area and professional courses;
• Participating in curriculum review, revision and development;
• Participating in academic advising;
• Engaging in research and scholarly activities;
• Serving on departmental, School and college-wide committees.
• At least an earned master’s degree in Allied Health and/or Nutrition and Dietetics; or Physical Therapy; or Medical Technology from an accredited institution;
• A minimum of five years professional experience;
• Tertiary-level teaching experience.
Preference will be given to candidates with a strong academic background, teaching and research experience.
Doctoral Degree: $42,160 - $71,410
Master's Degree: $37,660 - $63,310
1 August 2013
15 February 2013 (extended)
Applicants should send the following:
• A completed College of The Bahamas Application for Employment Form (www.cob.edu.bs/hrprofile );
• A letter of interest (highlighting work experience and accomplishments relevant to the position);
• An up-to-date curriculum vitae or resume;
• Teaching philosophy statement;
• Evidence of excellence in teaching;
• Evidence of research and scholarship;
• Unofficial transcripts (official transcripts needed for employment); and
• At least three confidential, professional references.
Applications will NOT be considered without the complete package.
The College of The Bahamas
Human Resources Department
P. O. Box N-4912
Poinciana Drive & Thompson Boulevard
Attention: Ms. Renée Mayers
Associate Vice President, Human Resources