Job ID: 2012-39331
# Positions: 1
Location: KN-St Kitts
Posted Date: 10/25/2012
Division: Ross University
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
About Ross University:
About Ross University School of Medicine
Ross University School of Medicine was founded in 1978 and is a provider of medical education offering a doctor of medicine degree program. Located in Dominica, West Indies, the School of Medicine has clinical education centers in Miami, FL and Saginaw, MI and places more graduates into US residencies annually than any other medical school in the world.
About Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine
Ross University is a provider of medical and veterinary education, offering doctor of medicine and doctor of veterinary medicine degree programs. Founded in 1982 and located in St. Kitts, the School of Veterinary Medicine is affiliated with 22 AVMA-accredited US veterinary schools where students complete their clinical year. The University’s Veterinary Teaching Hospital is the only facility outside the US and Canada accredited by the American Animal Hospital Association. Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine is committed to improving the well-being of people and animals in the St. Kitts and Nevis community through service, education and research.
The Executive Assistant to the Dean and Vice Dean of Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine provides a high level of administrative support including organizing and maintaining complex calendars, drafting letters and documents, organizing international travel and meetings and analysis duties of a highly responsible and confidential nature. The Assistant will have regular exposure to confidential material and requires a great deal of professionalism, discretion and integrity in dealing with internal and external contacts. In addition this position requires a high level of interpersonal skills and confidence when interacting with staff at all levels and high-profile external contacts. The successful candidate must be able to produce a high level of attention to detail and be approachable yet discrete.
A robust benefit plan, relocation, and competitive salary are provided and the foreign earned income tax exclusion may apply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handle a wide variety of complex situations and time conflicts involving the business/administrative functions of the office and is responsible for confidential and time sensitive material on a regular basis.
- Prepare high level documentation and advanced correspondence with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail for presentation to Senior Leadership
- Anticipate the needs of the Dean and Vice Dean and use discretion when setting priorities to keep the leaders updated and aware of meetings, agendas, travel, upcoming events, incoming emails and letters, situations relating to the administrative office, campuses, employees and visitors.
- Act as a liaison between the leader and employees, clients and all external contacts, by utilizing good judgment in determining when to act independently and when to refer matters for further attention.
- Manages the Dean’s and Vice Dean’s calendar and contact database to schedule meetings, make travel arrangements (airline, car service, rental car, hotel, etc.), order office supplies/equipment, prepare expense statements, reserve and prepare facilities and catering.
- Maintains accurate records and files; develops and maintains filing systems to include electronic and hard copy, network systems; ensures filings are in proper format and filed in a timely manner; supplies information upon request.
- Provide the Dean and Vice Dean with reception and call-screening support.
- Provide administrative support for other member(s) of the leadership team as assigned/directed by the Dean or Vice Dean.
- Offer support and assistance to other departments and employees as needed for special projects and/or events.
- Daily light housekeeping of the Dean’s and Vice Dean’s offices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required but may substitute with a combination of education and experience for the right candidate
- 5 years executive assistant experience preferred working for a CEO/COO level senior officer operating in a global environment
- High level of proficiency in all Microsoft Office packages (including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Ability to record and transcribe notes for executive level meetings and follow up with appropriate communications regarding project tasks, due dates and communications.
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, work independently and as a team member.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain composure when working under pressure.
- Demonstrated attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to use good judgment and discretion daily as well as when presented with confidential information.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.