The Procurement Services Department at the University of Connecticut is seeking applications for an Administrative Services Specialist II to provide assistance and support in carrying out specialized administrative services for the Purchasing Department. This position is responsible for coordinating various aspects of Procurement, including processing purchase requisitions and/or purchase orders; reviewing documents for accuracy, completeness and compliance with regulations, policies and procedures; and providing exemplary customer service to a varied audience, including departments, faculty, staff and vendors which will include resolving a variety of new, unusual or difficult problems requiring independent judgment and initiative. This position will also identify problems, systems errors and issues and independently follow-up as needed with the appropriate individual/office for resolution.
Other duties include reviewing financial transactions and making corrections, as needed, to ensure data integrity and accuracy of records; compiling information and preparing reports; organizing documents, forms and affidavits and providing assistance in preparing for audits; maintaining complex filing systems, records and administration of files and/or computerized data systems; maintaining and updating various Purchasing systems such as KFS, FRS and SciQuest; assisting with bid documents and request for proposals (RFP) packages; maintaining and updating the Purchasing website and other websites, as assigned, which includes bid posting clarifications, bid results, contract awards and departmental news or other pertinent information with responsibility to ensure information is consistent, complete, accurate and posted in a timely manner. This position will also train, supervise, and coordinate the work assignments and priorities of support staff and students; and perform related duties as required.
1) Associate's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2) Two to five years related experience.
3) Demonstrated knowledge of procurement.
4) Ability to independently resolve problems.
5) Excellent communication skills.
6) Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
7) Good computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Office suite.
1) Experience with KFS or FRS or similar electronic financial records system.
2) Strong accounting skills with experience monitoring and reconciling accounts.
3) Experience with Excel.
4) Experience performing purchasing and accounts payable functions.
5) Experience with competitive bidding processes on RFPs.
6) Experience obtaining quotes and vendor information.
7) Experience with BRIO and/or data marts.
This is a full time, permanent position. Starting salary is in the low 40's.
Qualified applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references via the Husky Hire website. Please identify in your cover letter Search #2013190, and ensure your application materials demonstrate how you meet the stated minimum qualifications and any of the preferred you may have. The University of Connecticut is an EEO/AA employer.