Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
Under the supervision of the Director of Orientation and Transitions, the Administrative Assistant is a full time professional staff member within the Office of Orientation and Transitions. The Administrative Assistant plays a key role in the daily operations of the office. This position will be the main administrative support to the office and the various programs offered through the office and is an integral piece of the success of the Alpha, Beginnings, Bridges, Orientation, Retention and Transfer programs.
- High school degree required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1-3 years professional experience in higher education or related field required.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Provides administrative support to director and assistant/associate director of office including, but not limited to, email communication, answering phones, business expenditures, paperwork, filing, etc.
- Responsible for coordinating Orientation registration process and maintaining consistent communication with those registered
- Assists in logistical pieces of Orientation program (including communication with vendors, local churches, community organizations, APU departments, completing purchases, etc.)
- Facilitates publicity, recruitment, and interviewing scheduling of candidates for student leadership positions.
- Facilitates attendance, communication, and City Links (service projects) coordination for the Beginnings (first-year experience) course
- Assists in coordinating Bridges logistics including—but not limited to—sites, schedules, transportation, financial records, etc.
- Monitors and evaluates the Orientation and Transitions website and effectively recommends updates.
- Assists with planning and coordinating of OAT events including training, Orientation, events (specific tasks may include booking locations, reserving audio/visual needs, etc.)
- Greets and welcomes walk-in guests, responds to Orientations and Transitions email account and answers the Orientation and Transitions general telephone line as a customer service representative.
- Monitors and processes timecards, paychecks, and hiring forms and procedures for Orientation and Transitions student interns/leaders.
- Maintains records of the budget and processes forms for the Business Office, i.e. purchase requisitions, check requests, expense reports, etc.
- Keeps open communications with other APU departments.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with exception to details.
- Must have the ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks.
- Must have a high degree of initiative and the ability to work independently at times, resourcefulness, strong organizational skills and problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, written and verbal, with students, parents, staff, and faculty in a friendly and professional manner. Manage several projects simultaneously, and make sound decisions.
- Work well with deadline pressures and distractions.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion in job performance with a cheerful, courteous, and helpful attitude.
- Logical problem solving ability.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing circumstances.
- Ability to keep confidentiality with discretion and good judgment.
- Ability to take direction and establish trust with others.
- In agreement with the purpose and goals of Azusa Pacific University in providing a Christian-based higher education for its students.
- Requires repetitive motions and sitting at a computer keyboard.
- Hearing and speaking on the telephone.
- Ability to lift, pull, grasp, bend to lower file drawers and reach to top of 5 drawer file cabinet.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs. occasionally.
- Intermittent sitting and standing.
- Ability to conduct business at other offices on campus.
- Computer monitor and reading.
- Pleasant office setting, comfortable temperature.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, Word and Excel.
For Staff jobs please apply directly at https://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com/ 
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.