Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
The hospitality temporary pool exists to provide additional support in a variety of different capacities on an as-needed basis within a number of different areas within Hospitality Services including but not limited to dining, kitchen, dish room, and office areas. The schedule and assignment length may vary, and individuals may be asked to work on short notice.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
Execute all customer service operations, ensuring all prepared products meet the department standards of quality and excellence. This position could include work in one of the many dining venues on campus, dish room, or department office. Essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Provide service in a friendly and courteous manner.
- May perform duties of dishwasher, basic food preparation, or pantry as assigned.
- Attend staff meetings and training sessions as assigned. Keep entire work area clean and sanitary throughout shift.
- Assist in the preparation and serving areas in sanitary and safe condition.
- Clean work areas; maintain kitchen and serving areas in a sanitary and safe condition.
- Prepare and assist in exposition cooking.
- Control inventory to ensure proper dating, labeling and rotation in preparation process (i.e. walk-ins, reach-ins, and dry goods area).
- Assist as needed on the service line
- Operate appropriate kitchen machinery and equipment in a safe and sanitary manner.
- Maintain high standards in food safety and HACCP regulations.
- Read food service updates to keep current with the new product and techniques.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
High school graduate or equivalent.
One to two years of previous experience in a hospitality service related position.
- Service oriented attitude.
- Ability to balance a variety of tasks and demands under pressure.
- Ability to accurately follow oral/and or written instructions.
- Ability to learn procedures and retain information.
- Ability to correctly identify product.
- Must be able to prioritize work and execute tasks with speed and efficiency.
- Must be able to read and write English.
- Must be able to communicate well with customers and management.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Must have professional appearance, demeanor, and hygiene.
- Must be able to periodically lift of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to walk, stand, bend, and reach as the job requires.
- Must have basic and accurate math skills.
- Able to communicate with peers, customers and subordinates, some of whom may need problems resolved.
- Able to work evenings and weekends as needed.
Able to follow written and oral instructions. Ability to communicate effectively to public, students, faculty, and staff. Organized and able to meet deadlines.
Standing for several hours at a time. Repetitive arm, hand, wrist/finger motions. Ability to lift, grasp, pull, and bend. Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Reading, judging eye-appeal of menu items.
Pleasant, well equipped kitchen and office.
Temporary pool with multiple positions available, hours will vary based on department need.
For Staff jobs please apply directly at https://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com/ 
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.