Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
- Plans, coordinates, direct and controls, under supervision of the Area Manager, all activities related to the food production system and retail programs.
- Assumes responsibilities of Area Manager during his/her absence.
- Position requires a Bachelor’s degree.
- ServSafe Certification
- Position requires 3 years’ supervisory experience in a restaurant or institutional food service setting.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Assists in the preparation of the budget and development of short- term financial and operational plans for the unit that supports the overall objectives of Hospitality Services.
- Plans, directs, coordinates and controls the resources of the Hospitality Service Department to provide food service for customers, employees and students.
- Assists in overseeing and controlling food production area; directing food production personnel in cost control measures as necessary.
- Monitors the performance of the unit through verification and analysis of customer satisfaction systems and financial reports. Recommends or initiates corrective action.
- Decorates service areas according to season and meal specials. Coordinates with the Marketing Team and implements specials and promotions.
- Maintains product and service quality standards by conducting ongoing evaluations and investigates complaints. Recommends or initiates corrective action.
- Recognizes and adopts activities appropriate to the specific needs of the resident/commuter population and demonstrates knowledge of specific issues directly related to age of population.
- Participates in employee selection process and assures new employees are trained regarding job duties and facility operations.
- Schedules and Coordinates personnel and maintains the time recording system, ensuring proper coverage and sanitation functions.
- Maintains a proactive human resource function to ensure employee motivation, training and development. Works with the Assistant Director to assure compliance with established labor regulations and company personnel policies and procedures.
- Works with production team and other personnel to plan menus and related activities
- Estimates supplies and small wares; requisitions or purchases supplies.
- Assists with the inspection of, and at times inspects food and food preparation, to maintain quality standards and sanitation regulations by the Health Department and HACCP.
- Maintains established systems and training programs to provide a safe working environment. Complies with all CAL OSHA regulations and other local, state and federal government regulations.
- Maintains compliance with APU mission, vision, positional statements and other policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with employees, customers, and the campus community.
- Requires management and leadership skills in addition to good planning and organization skills.
- Knowledge of equipment and methods used in large food preparation and catering.
- Background in nutrition is desirable.
- Able to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Ability to communicate effectively to the public, students, faculty and staff.
- Computer skills including: Microsoft word, excel, and Google mail.
- Able to follow written and oral instructions.
- Organized and able to meet deadlines.
- Standing for several hours at a time.
- Repetitive arm, hand, wrist/finger motions.
- Ability to life, grasp, pull and bend.
- Ability to lift and transfer up to 50 lbs.
- Proper safety gear.
VIII. Visual Demands
- Reading and judgment.
- Eye-appeal of menu items.
- Pleasant, well equipped kitchen.
- Working with sharp and potentially dangerous equipment, including hot stoves and ovens.
- Must wear hand protection gear at all times.
- Computer skills
- Digital Kitchen equipment
For Staff jobs please apply directly at https://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com/ 
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.