ECPI University, with campuses in Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Online, is a nationally ranked, regionally accredited, private institution offering Master’s, Bachelor’s, and Associate’s degree, diploma and certification programs in Technology, Business, Criminal Justice, Culinary Arts and Health Science. For over 45 years, ECPI University has been helping adult and traditional students achieve their educational goals in a hands-on, student-centered environment and working closely with employers to ensure our graduates have the knowledge and skills they need to be successful on the job. Growth at our campuses creates the need for dynamic, caring professionals who are dedicated to making a difference in people's lives. Excellence, Commitment, Professionalism, and Innovation- they are more than just words . . . they define who we are – ECPI University.
The Simulation Lab Coordinator reports to the Assistant Director of Nursing Simulation and is responsible for:
• Providing Simulation Lab instruction including demonstrations, laboratory sessions, testing, attendance, simulation lab discipline, safety and security.
• Developing and implementing high quality learning and assessment simulations.
• Evaluating the effectiveness of simulations as educational and assessment tools.
• Coordinating preparation of simulators and other equipment /props for conducting simulation.
• Facilitating simulation scenario and student participation with debriefing sessions.
• Training simulation users in simulation activities, operation of patient simulators, audio-visual equipment, and their maintenance.
• Maintaining and updating course curricula to include simulation scenarios and training.
• Assisting in the development of new curricula that is supported by simulation activities.
• Preparing and utilizing lesson plans and coordinating congruency between the classroom and the simulation learning environment.
• Coordinating maintenance of patient simulators, part-task trainers, and virtual equipment.
• Conducting student evaluations and advising related to simulation lab.
• Assisting in the formulation of program philosophy, objectives, and policy.
• Contributing toward professional growth through in-service workshops, cross training, and teachers' meetings.
• Providing administrative support as required
• Assisting with instruction in Nursing Programs when available.
• Must be a Registered Nurse; registered with the Commonwealth of Virginia, Department of Health Regulatory Boards.
• Associates degree in Nursing required; Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred.
• Minimum of five years recent patient-side experience required.
• Prior teaching experience preferred.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to organize and prioritize work flow; ability to work independently
• Computer skills a plus
What does ECPI University have to offer?
• Professional work environment
• Student centered, hands-on learning environment
• Talented and committed co-workers
• Competitive compensation & benefits plan
ECPI University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.