ECPI University, with campuses in Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Online, is a nationally ranked, regionally accredited, private institution offering Master’s, Bachelor’s, and Associate’s degree, diploma and certification programs in Technology, Business, Criminal Justice, Culinary Arts and Health Science. For over 45 years, ECPI University has been helping adult and traditional students achieve their educational goals in a hands-on, student-centered environment and working closely with employers to ensure our graduates have the knowledge and skills they need to be successful on the job. Growth at our campuses creates the need for dynamic, caring professionals who are dedicated to making a difference in people's lives. Excellence, Commitment, Professionalism, and Innovation- they are more than just words . . . they define who we are – ECPI University.
The Program Director of the Surgical Technology Program will provide leadership in the planning, direction, and evaluation of all programs within the department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Works in conjunction with Campus Directors to coordinate all aspects of the educational environment and ensure quality standards are being met to achieve desired outcomes.
• Employ instructional technology and active learning approaches in order to enhance the learning experience.
• Evaluate program performance using a variety of assessments and techniques.
• Maintain and submit accurate program records according to established deadlines.
• Assists in the recruitment, hiring, and training of faculty.
• Coordinates the development, implementation, evaluation and revision of program curricula, text books and course content in accordance with program standards, institutional needs and changing needs of employers.
• Monitors retention activities to support campus initiatives.
• Reviews end of course evaluations of faculty at the end of each module.
• Works with Campus President to ensure schedules are efficient and accurate.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Participate in scheduled in-service activities to include, but not limited to, training, open houses, orientations, faculty meetings, committees, conferences, and graduation/student awards ceremonies.
• Stay current in subject matter through professional development. Publishing and presenting papers, acquiring certifications, and serving on conference or journal committees is encouraged.
• Contribute to the selection and development of curriculum and instructional materials in accordance with course objectives that lead to program improvement and growth.
• Participate in curriculum and faculty evaluations as well as the assessment of student achievement.
• Perform other professional duties to support instruction as assigned.
• Adhere to all University policies and procedures.
Education: Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree in discipline a plus. Surgical Technology credential from a nationally recognized and accredited credentialing agency (either associate’s or diploma) required. Certified Surgical Technologist credential required. Minimum of 3 years teaching in the field of surgical technology required.
Experience: 3-4 years of experience in the operating room; supervisory experience. Prior teaching presentation experience a plus.
• Excellent oral and written communication
• Superior leadership skills
• Ability to create and maintain relationships
• Ability to work with a variety of learning styles and skill levels
• Ability to adapt to changing assignments, organize and prioritize workflow
• Strong time management skills and detail-orientation
• Working knowledge of computer applications and the ability to quickly learn new computer software
• Experience with distance learning or learning management systems (LMS) preferred
What does ECPI University have to offer?
• A focus on students and academic excellence
• Professional work environment
• Talented and committed co-workers
• An adult-focused accelerated schedule
• An opportunity to make a difference while expanding your knowledge, skills and professional network
• Competitive compensation & benefits plan
ECPI University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.