ECPI University, with campuses in Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Online, is a nationally ranked, regionally accredited, private institution offering Master’s, Bachelor’s, and Associate’s degree, diploma and certification programs in Technology, Business, Criminal Justice, Culinary Arts and Health Science. For over 45 years, ECPI University has been helping adult and traditional students achieve their educational goals in a hands-on, student-centered environment and working closely with employers to ensure our graduates have the knowledge and skills they need to be successful on the job. Growth at our campuses creates the need for dynamic, caring professionals who are dedicated to making a difference in people's lives. Excellence, Commitment, Professionalism, and Innovation- they are more than just words . . . they define who we are – ECPI University.
Do you want to make a difference? Do you enjoy learning and sharing your knowledge? If so, then ECPI University may be the place for you. We are seeking professionals with the experience and credentials to help transform the lives of our students.
ECPI University faculty members are responsible for delivering quality student-centered hands-on active instruction in order to prepare our students for success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide hands-on instruction and practical training to create an engaging learning environment.
• Teach assigned classes in accordance with the University’s policies.
• Plan and organize instruction to maximize student learning.
• Employ instructional technology and active learning approaches in order to enhance the learning experience.
• Evaluate student academic performance using a variety of assessments and techniques.
• Maintain and submit accurate records of student attendance, progress, assignments and grades according to established deadlines.
• Participate in scheduled in-service activities to include, but not limited to, training, open houses, tutoring, orientations, faculty meetings, committees, conferences, and graduation/student awards ceremonies.
• Stay current in subject matter through professional development. Publishing and presenting papers, acquiring certifications, and serving on conference or journal committees is encouraged.
• Contribute to the selection and development of curriculum and instructional materials in accordance with course objectives that lead to program improvement and growth.
• Participate in curriculum and faculty evaluations as well as the assessment of student achievement.
• Perform other professional duties to support instruction as assigned.
• Adhere to all University policies and procedures.
Education: Master’s degree in Criminal Justice or a Master’s degree with 18 graduate semester hours in the discipline from a regionally accredited educational institution. Ph.D. in Criminal Justice or J.D. preferred. Appropriate technical certification or licensure (if required).
Experience: Industry experience preferred; 2 years teaching or presentation experience a plus
• Excellent oral and written communication
• Ability to create and maintain relationships
• Ability to work with a variety of learning styles and skill levels
• Ability to adapt to changing assignments, organize and prioritize workflow
• Strong time management skills and detail-orientation
• Working knowledge of computer applications and the ability to quickly learn new computer software
• Experience with distance learning or learning management systems (LMS) preferred
What does ECPI University have to offer?
• A focus on students and academic excellence
• Small class sizes
• Professional work environment
• Talented and committed co-workers
• An adult-focused accelerated schedule
• An opportunity to make a difference while expanding your knowledge, skills and professional network
• Competitive compensation & benefits plan
ECPI University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.