TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
Lewis University, located 25 miles SW of Chicago, invites applications for the Training & Development Specialist position vacancy. As a Catholic and LaSallian institution, we serve a diverse population of over 6500 undergraduate and graduate students at our main campus and our six satellite locations. Lewis University, sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, is a dynamic and growing institution, nationally recognized by U.S. News & World Report, The Princeton Review and Colleges of Distinction.
The Training & Development Specialist is a newly created position responsible to the Director of Human Resources and the Associate Vice President for Human Resources for assisting in the administration of the university's human resource activities, specifically performing staff training and development. Training will focus on various topics, seminars of personnel policies and procedures, compliance, in addition to assisting in recruitment and diversity efforts.
• Responsible to model the University Mission through dedicated job performance, service, excellence to constituencies, respectful collaboration and active support of the University's Mission and Catholic/Lasallian higher education.
• Define training needs; conceptualize and design curricula and content; develop communication plans; conduct training workshops, and work with Managers to support employee development.
• Assist in providing education of Title IX compliance and procedures.
• Determines training needs and creates specific programs in response.
• Develop/implement strategies and processes such as performance management, leadership and employee development curriculums, succession planning, and talent reviews.
• Support the Associate Vice President for Human Resources in department and program assessments, data analysis and reporting.
• Develop and implement diverse programs as well as conduct trainings for faculty and staff that will affect campus culture. This position supports the Sanctified Zone's mission of providing a people and place where diversity is valued in a safe and nurturing environment.
• Serve on other university committees and/or task forces as assigned.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management or Communications; at least five (5) years training and public speaking experience; a demonstrated ability to work with broad segments of a college community-faculty, staff, students; the ability to be an effective team member who can foster strong relationships across organizational boundaries. Must be able to work independently without supervision.
Preferred Qualifications: Knowledge and expertise with diversity, social justice, education, and inclusion experiences within a religiously affiliated institution; Specific knowledge of Title IX and other legal compliance regulations.
Inspired by the University’s Mission values of Wisdom, Knowledge, Justice, Fidelity and Association, the Lewis Community declares that Lewis is a Sanctified Zone where people are committed to working to end racism, bias and prejudice by valuing diversity in a safe and nurturing environment.
Lewis University, sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to diversity. Applicants of a diverse background are highly encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants may apply online at jobs.lewisu.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=51913