About SUNY College of Technology at Delhi:
A charter member of the State University of New York (SUNY), Delhi offers a comprehensive line-up of academic programs that lead to baccalaureate and associate degrees, as well as one-year certifications. SUNY Delhi is a small, rural college, nestled in the picturesque Catskill Mountains of upstate New York and is currently experiencing record enrollment of over 3,400 students. The campus overlooks the scenic village of Delhi (pop. 2,000), a quaint community that represents small town America. The surrounding mountains radiate brilliant fall colors, there are miles of magnificent fishing streams, various natural forest and recreation areas, and covered bridges that combine for a refreshing lifestyle. Cooperstown, home of the Baseball Hall of Fame, is 40 miles away. Both Binghamton and Albany are an approximate 90-minute drive away. Metropolitan New York is easily reachable as well.
The Office of Records and Registration is looking to fill the position of Staff Assistant with a dynamic self-starter, possessing excellent communication skills.
This position requires the individual to work on projects and maintain records in conjunction with our Admissions Office, Student Financial Services Office, SUNY system administration, and with the faculty at SUNY Delhi. This office also provides services to individual students and their families who are enrolled in a varied set of online, and in person courses on an as needed basis.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
1. Assist in the implementation, long term maintenance and trouble shooting of the new degree evaluation system (Degree Works).
2. Build and assist in maintaining the transfer articulation functionality within Banner in support of both the Degree Works project and the SUNY System transfer mobility initiative.
3. Be the main point of contact in Records and Registration for the off-site bachelor programs, providing assistance with their transfer credit evaluations, registration issues, graduation, and degree evaluations.
4. Develop the workflow capabilities of Xtender so as to eliminate the need for many paper forms currently in use.
5. Process all student withdrawals.
6. Assist in the end of term review of degree candidates and the awarding of degrees in banner.
7. Assist in the evaluation of student transcripts and the awarding of transfer credit.
8. Provide student records support as directed by the Registrar for SIRIS reporting.
Required: A bachelor’s degree is required. The successful candidate will be detail orientated, able to work independently with direction, have strong technological and communication skills and the ability to evaluate and maximize efficiencies within the Student Records Module in Banner. The position requires an understanding of developmental approaches to student information and a commitment to providing excellent customer service.
Preferred: Two years experience in higher education; experience with Sungard Banner student information system or other collegiate student systems (Datatel,PeopleSoft); transfer evaluation experience; programming experience; strong computer skills including complex data analysis; customer service experience.
Salary range: $37,873 - $40,000. This is a calendar year position.
To apply, please submit:
Letter of interest
Contact information for three professional references
For full consideration, please apply before December 21, 2012..