Job ID: 2010-18561
# Positions: 1
Posted Date: 9/23/2010
Division: DeVry University
Department: Department of Enrollment Management
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
About DeVry Inc.:
DeVry Inc. (NYSE: DV, member S&P 500 Index) is the parent organization of DeVry University, Advanced Academics, Ross University, Chamberlain College of Nursing, Apollo College, Western Career College, Becker Professional Education, and Fanor. DeVry University, which includes Keller Graduate School of Management, offers associate, bachelor's and master's degree programs in technology, healthcare technology, business and management. Advanced Academics provides online secondary education to school districts throughout the U.S. Ross University offers doctoral degree programs through its schools of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine. Chamberlain College of Nursing offers associate and bachelor's degree programs in nursing. Apollo College and Western Career College prepare students for careers in healthcare through certificate and associate degree programs. Becker Professional Education is a global leader in professional education serving the accounting, finance and project management professions. Based in Brazil, Fanor offers degree programs in business management, law and engineering through its four schools: Faculdades Nordeste, Faculdade Ruy Barbosa, Faculdade FTE and REA1. For more information, visit http://www.devryinc.com .
The Admissions Representative is responsible for generating prospective students for enrollment including all phases of the Admissions process from marketing the program with students to qualifying them for enrollment. Resolves most enrollment questions and problems and refers only the most complex issues to higher levels.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completes certification process and associated training to develop broad Admissions knowledge.
- Networks and develops professional relationships to generate personally-developed inquiries.
- Provides excellent customer service to students through application and enrollment process.
- Screens potential student applicants by phone and sets campus interviews.
- Assesses prospective students to ensure they have the potential, traits, characteristics and financial wherewithal to be enrolled through graduation.
- Conducts personal interviews to qualify candidates and to explain academic programs.
- Handles appointments, interviews and applications in a professional and timely manner.
- Advises students in program selection, test counseling, registration, etc.
- Provides general customer service to students from enrollment through graduation
- Performs consistently to meet performance targets.
- Adheres to laws and regulations governing student recruitment activities as well as the DeVry Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
- Completes other projects and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- One year of Inside. Outside or Admissions experience required.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Ability to work within a team and be a team player.
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced environment and to be a self-starter.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.