Job ID: 2011-21876
# Positions: 1
Posted Date: 9/21/2012
Division: DeVry University
Employment Type: Temporary Part-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
About DeVry Inc.:
DeVry Inc. (NYSE: DV, member S&P 500 Index) is the parent organization of DeVry University, Advanced Academics, Ross University, Chamberlain College of Nursing, Apollo College, Western Career College, Becker Professional Education, and Fanor. DeVry University, which includes Keller Graduate School of Management, offers associate, bachelor's and master's degree programs in technology, healthcare technology, business and management. Advanced Academics provides online secondary education to school districts throughout the U.S. Ross University offers doctoral degree programs through its schools of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine. Chamberlain College of Nursing offers associate and bachelor's degree programs in nursing. Apollo College and Western Career College prepare students for careers in healthcare through certificate and associate degree programs. Becker Professional Education is a global leader in professional education serving the accounting, finance and project management professions. Based in Brazil, Fanor offers degree programs in business management, law and engineering through its four schools: Faculdades Nordeste, Faculdade Ruy Barbosa, Faculdade FTE and REA1. For more information, visit http://www.devryinc.com .
As one of the largest degree-granting higher education systems in North America, DeVry University provides high-quality, career-oriented associate’s, bachelor’s and master’s degree programs in technology, healthcare, business and management. Approximately 55,000 students are enrolled at nearly 90 locations in the United States and Canada, as well as through DeVry University Online. DeVry University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association (NCA). DeVry University, a division of DeVry Inc. (NYSE: DV), is based in Oakbrook Terrace, IL. For more information about DeVry University, visit http://www.devry.edu .
Local candidates strongly preferred - no relocation assistance available.
Adjunct professor positions open for all subjects, including, but not limited to:
Electronics, Networking, PC Hardware and Software, Psychology, English, Math, Business, Management, Health, Law, Marketing, Finance, Speech
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develops and provides students with an approved DeVry University syllabus that follows a template established by the local campus, and which includes the terminal course objectives.
2. Organizes, prepares, and regularly revises and updates all course materials.
3. Uses appropriate technological options for online technologies and course-related software, including course website and e-mail for preparing the course and making it accessible to students.
4. Models effective oral and written communications that engage the students, provide clarity, and improve student learning.
5. Sets clear expectations for the course by publishing course terminal objectives, assignment/examinations dates, and weight the distribution of various evaluation categories.
6. Ensures that the content and level of material included on exams correspond to the course terminal objectives.
7. Demonstrates consistency and fairness in the preparation and grading of exams, and provide timely feedback to students.
Required: Masters Degree in related field with industry experience preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.