Posting Title : MARKETING ASSOCIATE - Active Schools Acceleration Project (ASAP) of ChildObesity180
Requisition Number : 1603
City : Boston
State/Province : Massachusetts
Zip code : 02111
Job Description-Overview :
Through a nationwide Innovation Competition and grant program conducted during the 2011/12 school year, the Active Schools Acceleration Project (ASAP) of ChildObesity180 has assembled a portfolio of best-in-class school-based physical activity and fitness programs taking place in elementary schools across the U.S. We are seeking a Los Angeles based Marketing Associate to lead the creation of strong brands, curriculum and training elements, communication tactics, and other elements needed to effectively package and disseminate these programs to schools and educators.
The Marketing Associate will work with the ASAP team and the originators of each of these physical activity programs to create and refine curriculum packages for each of the program models. Collectively, these curriculum packages will make up ASAP’s Physical Activity Program Menu. The Marketing Associate will oversee continual refinement and optimization of brands and curriculum packages as programs are test-piloted in schools across the country and as new programs are identified and brought on board. This will include working closely with the ASAP team and program originators to build and maintain brand equity and identifying opportunities to streamline program dissemination and adoption. These activities will lay the foundational elements for introduction of ASAP Physical Activity programs to a national audience.
Oversee brand and curriculum development for participating ASAP programs
- Study and assess existing programs, including current state of brand and curriculum development, existing materials and resources, and program gaps
- Create a framework of required elements and a refinement plan for each program to optimize and make ready for dissemination and consumption at the local level
- Manage the development of required creative elements including a brand name, logo, website URL, and associated elements
- Work with program originators / leaders to develop an effective formal curriculum, including such elements as lesson plans, guidebooks, tracking logs or data systems, DVD and/or web-based video assets
- Shape curricula to be cost effective and compatible with microgrant funding
- Design complimentary staff development programs for each menu offering
Oversee growth and implementation of ASAP program menu
· Identify promising new programs for consideration as ASAP program menu grows
· Develop communications plans to successfully market and communicate the program opportunities to elementary parents, teachers, and administrators, and to ensure successful adoption and replication in schools
· Build positive rapport and coordinate with school partners and project vendors
· Assist ASAP team with identifying opportunities for expanding ASAP programs into new school markets
· Help develop and execute tactics to inspire and empower target audience to execute ASAP Program Menu offerings
· Develop subject-area expertise in children’s physical activity including guidelines and recommendations and opportunities and barriers to quality school-based programming
Collaborating with ChildObesity180 core team, initiative managers and staff, and research team to ensure implementation and evaluation of an integrated portfolio of initiatives and a coordinated ChildObesity180 organization. Support other initiatives, or ChildObesity180 as a whole, as necessary.
Job Description - Requirements :
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or other related field with 3+ years of related experience. Must have MS Office knowledge; Regular domestic travel required which include some early mornings. Ability to lift up to 20lbs. with or without accommodation.
· Minimum 4 years’ experience in marketing, brand management, communications, or other related field
· Experience directly managing product or service development, curricula creations, or similar campaigns
· Experience in brand management & business development
· Experience in physical activity, fitness industry, or physical education curriculum design and training a plus
· Experience working with schools, youth organizations, or other community engagement initiatives
· Exceptional organizational and communications skills required
· Ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously
· Entrepreneurial spirit
· Exceptional organizational skills required
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Ability to be adaptable/flexible within a growing organization
Special Work Scedule Requirements: This position will be based in Los Angeles, CA.
Please apply online at http://hr.tufts.edu/jobs 
JOB REQUISITION #:1608
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds.