For nearly 125 years, Agnes Scott College has been educating women to think deeply, live honorably and engage the intellectual and social challenges of their times. A highly selective residential liberal arts and sciences college located in metropolitan Atlanta, the college enrolls students from 43 states and 29 countries. International students comprise 11% of the student body and students of color make up 50% of the student body. With a student-faculty ratio of 11 to 1, Agnes Scott is known for academic excellence and personal attention.
Agnes Scott College invites applications from accomplished teacher scholars for the position of Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs and Associate Dean of the College. The appointment will be at the rank of full professor with tenure, with the approval of the home department. The position, which will begin in summer 2013, offers the opportunity, in collaboration with the Vice President for Academic Affairs, to provide strategic leadership and to promote excellence at the College.
The successful candidate will have a Ph.D. or other terminal degree, professorial rank, demonstrated excellence as a classroom instructor, a record of scholarly or creative achievement, and previous successful administrative experience as a department chair, associate dean, or other academic leadership position. The candidate must have excellent organizational leadership, strategic planning, communication, and interpersonal skills. The duties of the Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs and Associate Dean of the College include:
• Providing leadership and management of a specific set of academic offices, including Academic Advising, the Registrar, Faculty Services, and science building operations
• Overseeing all assessment activities, including the annual report and program review process, and College compliance with SACS accreditation requirements
• Leading the process by which all non-tenure-track faculty are hired and evaluated, including oversight of this portion of the instructional budget
• Working with the faculty to staff committees that are appointed by the Vice President for Academic Affairs
• Managing special programs and projects for the Vice President for Academic Affairs
• Representing the Vice President for Academic Affairs on College committees and at professional meetings
Review of applications will begin on January 11, 2013, and will continue until the position is filled. For best consideration, applications should be received by January 11, 2013. Please email a letter of application, and a current CV with contact information for a minimum of five references to email@example.com . Note that references will not be contacted without prior notification to job applicants.
Agnes Scott College has a strong commitment to diversity and urges members of underrepresented groups to apply. EOE.