Excelsior College seeks applicants for a full time position of CPD Course Registration Associate to work within the Center for Professional Development. The Center for Professional Development is responsible for delivering high quality training programs to Excelsior College students and participating organizations. These non-credit programs are geared for those looking for professional development, continuing education, and lifelong learning.
The Center for Professional Development (CPD) Course Registration Associate will perform a variety of administrative functions, which require the ability to learn and apply established policies and practices to support course registration efforts. Excellent organizational, interpersonal and professional communication skills are required. The CPD Course Registration Associate will demonstrate proficient knowledge of computer applications, word processing and the Excelsior College Student Information System (SIS).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Possess strong knowledge of Center for Professional Development course offerings. Provide prospective students with information that will help them decide if the CPD is a good option for their training needs.
- Guide students through the registration process, including the specific documentation and time commitments required when using Veterans benefits.
- Create and maintain CPD course information in the Student Information System (SIS).
- Process student registrations within SIS and third-party systems.
- Address concerns and resolve problems involving CPD course registration.
- Process cancellation and withdrawal requests. Apply the Center for Professional Development Withdrawal/Refund Policy. Coordinate refunds with the Bursar’s Office.
- Correspond with students using email and Excelsior College message center.
- Answer telephone calls and provide CPD course details and registration information to staff, students and third parties.
- Use CPD work queues including the message center, third-party payment, and VA claims reporting.
- Assist with student progress monitoring efforts and CPD course extensions. Record final grades in SIS and print certificates of completion.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent and two years related experience required. Associate degree preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and professional communication skills.
- Ability to write and edit correspondence.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively in a team.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, salary history, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information to firstname.lastname@example.org , or mail to:
CPD Course Registration Associate Search
Office of Human Resources
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, NY 12203-5159