Under limited direction of the Comptroller, to be responsible for the management, coordination and supervision of the purchasing aspects of the University and to represent the University with vendors, management, state purchasing agencies and Risk Management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Plan and coordinate the following functions: budgetary control, accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, cashiers, inventory, purchasing, and post office
• Develop and install standards and procedures to govern these functions
• Responsible for accurate and complete presentation of financial records, including development of year-end audited financial statements.
• Plan and coordinate entire university year-end closing and budget preparation
• Work with external auditor, financial institutions, Higher Education Department, and Legislative Committees to provide financial information
• Serve on campus-wide committees and confer with the administrations and other employees on fiscal, operational and administrative problems and develop workable solutions
• Select, supervise, and evaluate professional and support staff
• Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Job Requirements:
A bachelor's degree with emphasis in accounting and a minimum of four years of experience which has included substantial responsibilities in two or more of the major functional areas involved in the financial and general business management of a university. CPA preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of account and cash management principles and/or procedures
• Knowledge of contracting process and associated local, state, federal, and other regulations
• Strategic business planning and business management skills
• Ability to develop and maintain record-keeping systems and procedures
• Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
• Ability to analyze and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and/or projections
• Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and negotiating skills
• Knowledge of computerized information systems used in financial and/or accounting applications. Banner software knowledge preferred.
• Knowledge of budgeting and fiscal management principles and procedures
Physical Demand and Working Conditions:
• Work is performed during normal work hours, with some evenings and weekends to meet deadlines
• Work is sedentary in nature that at times requires exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.