Job ID: 2012-31789
# Positions: 1
Posted Date: 1/10/2012
Division: DeVry University
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
About DeVry University:
Founded in 1931, DeVry University is one of the largest, private sector universities in North America, with more than 90,000 students enrolled in the United States and Canada. The university’s mission is to foster student learning through high-quality, career-oriented education integrating technology, business, science and the arts. With more than 95 locations, DeVry University delivers practitioner-oriented undergraduate and graduate degree programs  onsite and online that meet the needs of a diverse and geographically dispersed student population. Home to five colleges of study, including Business & Management, Engineering & Information Sciences, Health Sciences, Liberal Arts & Sciences, and Media Arts & Technology, DeVry University’s outstanding faculty members, work in the fields that they teach, providing students with real-world experiences that prepare them for high-growth careers.
DeVry University is institutionally accredited by The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, www.ncahlc.org . DeVry University, a part of DeVry Inc. (NYSE: DV), is based in Downers Grove, Ill. For more information about DeVry University, find us on Twitter @DeVryUniv, Facebook /DEVRYUNIVERSITY or visit newsroom.devry.edu. 
This position is the first level within the Advisor job family. In this role, the incumbent will be trained by successfully completing an initial training and/or certification process. Under supervision, the Advisor I is responsible for generating prospective students for enrollment including all phases of the Admissions process from marketing the program with students to qualifying them for enrollment. Resolves most enrollment questions and problems and refers only the most complex issues to higher levels.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completes certification process and associated training to develop broad Admissions knowledge.
- Applies TEACH Values in the completion of all job assignments.
- Networks and develops professional relationships to generate personally-developed inquiries.
- Provides excellent customer service to students through application and enrollment process.
- Screens potential student applicants by phone and sets campus interviews.
- Assesses prospective students to ensure they have the potential, traits, characteristics and financial wherewithal to be enrolled through graduation.
- Conducts personal interviews to qualify candidates and to explain academic programs.
- Handles appointments, interviews and applications in a professional and timely manner.
- Advises students in program selection, test counseling, registration, etc.
- Provides general customer service to students from enrollment through graduation
- Performs consistently to meet performance targets.
- Adheres to laws and regulations governing student recruitment activities as well as the DeVry Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
- Completes other projects and duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Previous Admissions experience helpful but not required.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Ability to work within a team and be a team player.
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced environment and to be a self-starter.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.