Job ID: 2012-37966
# Positions: 2
Posted Date: 10/15/2012
Division: Ross University
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
About Ross University:
About Ross University School of Medicine
Ross University School of Medicine was founded in 1978 and is a provider of medical education offering a doctor of medicine degree program. Located in Dominica, West Indies, the School of Medicine has clinical education centers in Miami, FL and Saginaw, MI and places more graduates into US residencies annually than any other medical school in the world.
About Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine
Ross University is a provider of medical and veterinary education, offering doctor of medicine and doctor of veterinary medicine degree programs. Founded in 1982 and located in St. Kitts, the School of Veterinary Medicine is affiliated with 22 AVMA-accredited US veterinary schools where students complete their clinical year. The University’s Veterinary Teaching Hospital is the only facility outside the US and Canada accredited by the American Animal Hospital Association. Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine is committed to improving the well-being of people and animals in the St. Kitts and Nevis community through service, education and research.
The Registrar Advisor is responsible for counseling students regarding University policies and procedures related to enrollment, records and registration and providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers. The Registrar Advisor is also responsible for processing a high volume of student information through the Banner student information system and RightNow CRM. All of these responsibilities require a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail and a moderate level of independent judgment and discretion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs medical degree audits, which involves the review of student academic records to ensure that all degree requirements have been met. Communicates with students regarding the status of graduation application and degree audit and counsels them regarding any outstanding requirements or issues. Tracks degree audit status using RightNow CRM, updates students’ records in Banner, processes and mails diplomas to students when degree is awarded.
- Applies algorithmic grading schemas to clinical evaluations received from affiliate and non-affiliate hospitals and posts the appropriate grades in Banner.
- Tracks student performance/scores on NBME Comprehensive exams , USMLE Step exams and NBME Clinical Subject Examinations in Banner.
- Processes Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) Form 186 for Medical Clinical students and certifies them on EMSWP.
- Answers phone calls and responds to and resolves RightNow inquiries. Counsels students regarding University policies and procedures regarding enrollment, records and registration and provides excellent customer service.
- Processes gap disclosure forms, leaves of absence, dismissals and withdrawals in Banner. These processes involve interpreting and applying University policies and communicating decisions to students. Updates clinical students’ statuses in Banner per weekly and periodic reports and sends proactive notifications to students regarding status changes.
- Participates in bi-monthly SSCR enrollment reporting process. Analyzes data from Banner and other sources and reports current and historical enrollment information on a student-by-student basis, which requires a high degree of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Reviews transcripts of admitted transfer students to determine transfer credits and posts the credits in Banner. Collaborates with Admissions and the Office of Clinical Sciences as necessary to complete this task.
- Processes official transcripts, enrollment verification requests, name change requests, Canadian loan and residency relocation forms and immigration letters for medical students as necessary.
- Completes other projects and duties as assigned by the Associate Registrar and/or University Registrar.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, problem-solving skills, attention to detail and accuracy are a must.
- Ability to make decisions independently and work with minimal supervision.
- Must be a quick learner in a fast-paced office environment.
- A positive attitude and ability to plan and adapt to change required.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of customer service experience required. Higher education experience, preferably in an enrollment or records setting (Registrar or Admissions), a plus.
- Strong customer service skills required.
- Strong computer skills, including experience with MS Office and database applications. Knowledge of student information systems, preferably Banner, a plus.
- Familiarity with Registrar best practices related to degree auditing and other records and registration policies and procedures a plus.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.